Status
Not open for further replies.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
The boss who doesn’t pay, just said he’s going to start to catch up soon. Then hands me this job an hour away and I will burn up most of anything I earn (if I actually got paid) in mileage up, back to to two neighboring towns that I need to get info from for this also.

Maybe that’s the wealth down the street, but that’s way down the street.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
DH at conference in San Antonio this week. Felt obligated to send him a pic of our -9.4 on the indoor-outdoor thermometer this morning. Poor guy needed to know what he’s missing.

Parents just got back to the Chicago suburbs this afternoon after being in Florida for a month and a half. Mom sent me a pic of Dad snowblowing the driveway. Rude awakening for them.

Reactions: wxman1

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
I'm trying to remember the books we were assigned to read in HS.

Freshman - Julius Caesar, Tale of Two Cities. I'm almost certain there was another one, but can't think of it.
Sophomore - A Separate Peace, To Kill A Mockingbird, Romeo & Juliet. Then, we were given a list of around 20 books and were told to pick one. I chose Roots. Really enjoyed that book.
Junior - Holy smokes, this year was the year of the boring book. Ethan Frome, Winesburg, Ohio, My Antonia. Uuggghhh. The only saving grace was reading The Crucible and Death of a Salesman also. Those weren't bad.
Senior - Y'know. It sucks moving from Honors English to regular English with a) a teacher retiring at the end of the year, b) It being the last class of the day, and c) Last class of the day after gym for me. English lit basically, starting with the Canterbury Tales, through Shakespeare, then onto 19th century authors. Jayne Eyre is a SLOG. (Really, I do like to read)

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The Outsiders...it's been on lately. Funny how many 80s icons are in that movie.

I think it's still pretty good but you get the feeling it should have been better.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well got back from a 4 day trade show, best day was when I went out coldcalling prospects because the show was so slow.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
The Outsiders...it's been on lately. Funny how many 80s icons are in that movie.

I think it's still pretty good but you get the feeling it should have been better.

Not many people remember that Francis Ford Coppola (of Godfather and Apocalypse Now fame) directed that movie.

He really demonstrated the class difference, particularly in how Patrick Swayze had to be father and mother to two younger brothers. It certainly wasn't an ordinary home, but he provided for them and gave them ground rules. It was obvious they were very close.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Today started out really crappy. Daughters vehicle didn't start so I jump started it with the suburban and told the wife to take that and the daughter can take her work vehicle. I will manage with the kids vehicle. Better part is that the door was on that first latch and facing the wind so there was snow all over the seat, floorboards, steering wheel and such. I clean that off but know I'm getting a wet butt when that melts.

I get to take her vehicle up so I can tell the bank that I can't find the key to moms safe deposit box anymore and they can just drill it out. Before I leave the wife tells I need to bring her some stuff for this farewell party. We only have half so that means I get to run to the grocery store now. Days getting better. Stop at the bank and tell them about no key. It will be about $500 to drill it out and get a new lock and could be a decent amount of time. I leave and climb back into kids vehicle.

I tell myself how crappy this day is going, and look down at the change cubby in the daughters vehicle. There lies this red thing, looked familiar, so i grab it and darn it if it wasn't the safe deposit box key. Why it is in that vehicle I will never know, but I got to save the 500 bucks at least.

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
Today started out really crappy. Daughters vehicle didn't start so I jump started it with the suburban and told the wife to take that and the daughter can take her work vehicle. I will manage with the kids vehicle. Better part is that the door was on that first latch and facing the wind so there was snow all over the seat, floorboards, steering wheel and such. I clean that off but know I'm getting a wet butt when that melts.

I get to take her vehicle up so I can tell the bank that I can't find the key to moms safe deposit box anymore and they can just drill it out. Before I leave the wife tells I need to bring her some stuff for this farewell party. We only have half so that means I get to run to the grocery store now. Days getting better. Stop at the bank and tell them about no key. It will be about $500 to drill it out and get a new lock and could be a decent amount of time. I leave and climb back into kids vehicle.

I tell myself how crappy this day is going, and look down at the change cubby in the daughters vehicle. There lies this red thing, looked familiar, so i grab it and darn it if it wasn't the safe deposit box key. Why it is in that vehicle I will never know, but I got to save the 500 bucks at least.

With my luck, my daughter would have showed me the key and asked me what it goes to the day after they drilled out the safe deposit box.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
With my luck, my daughter would have showed me the key and asked me what it goes to the day after they drilled out the safe deposit box.
That is what usually happens to me. I'm taking it as fate that her vehicle was dead and fate knew that I would not let her drive it to just be safe. The snow in the vehicle was just to Pee me off.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha

Maybe that $500 savings was your wealth up the street.

• Funny
Reactions: BCClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Maybe that $500 savings was your wealth up the street.

I thought about that later and now take it as a proverb. The happiness around the corner and wealth down the street were a decision. I realized that when the attractive blonde came around the corner, I could have a quick happy time with her, but the wife would divorce me and I'd be broke; or skip that and keep my wealth by driving down the street.

The happiness part could have been worded better, because I wouldn't take that bait anyhow.

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
I thought about that later and now take it as a proverb. The happiness around the corner and wealth down the street were a decision. I realized that when the attractive blonde came around the corner, I could have a quick happy time with her, but the wife would divorce me and I'd be broke; or skip that and keep my wealth by driving down the street.

The happiness part could have been worded better, because I wouldn't take that bait anyhow.

That quick happy time with the attractive blonde assumes she'd also be willing.

• Winner

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Home with a sick kid today. She’s binge was some annoying show on Netflix called Alexis and Katie. As I’m about to ask her to watch something, it occurs to me that the mom in that show is........... Tiffani bleepin’ Thiessen. The show is no longer annoying to me.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Looks like we are getting each other a new dishwasher for valentines day. Does this mean I can take the airplane ear rings back? She said she liked them before I bought them so don't glare at me like that.

Funny story with those ear rings. EAA sent the email out with "oh look at these pretty things that your wife would love" I show them to her and she agrees so I go to buy it using a free shipping coupon. Turns out that was just for the absolutely lowest shipping rate which wasn't clear until after I clicked submit and noticed they charged me $56 of shipping on $16 ear rings. Called and got that changed.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Looks like we are getting each other a new dishwasher for valentines day. Does this mean I can take the airplane ear rings back? She said she liked them before I bought them so don't glare at me like that.

Funny story with those ear rings. EAA sent the email out with "oh look at these pretty things that your wife would love" I show them to her and she agrees so I go to buy it using a free shipping coupon. Turns out that was just for the absolutely lowest shipping rate which wasn't clear until after I clicked submit and noticed they charged me $56 of shipping on $16 ear rings. Called and got that changed.
$56 shipping???
Yikes!

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I decided to post this here and not start the other thread back up. Besides, I think we can laugh at the over-generalization. I'm not so sure about some of the folks in the Euthanize the Boomers thread. ;)

84847422_3943538635660071_9062599372172165120_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron