Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I don't expect to win any road game in the Big Ten when you know going in Fredrick is not playing and other contributors are sick. For that reason, I had a bad feeling about the Nebraska game before it started. I thought Iowa would compete better last night.

Who was all sick at Nebraska?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Nunge is a lot better than Pemsl and Till.
Nunge is better than Pemsl and Till. It's not even close with Till. Obviously having Nunge at this very moment would be tremendously helpful considering Till is a walkon and not a good one, and Pemsl can't go a few months without getting into trouble. I do think Pemsl would still be getting minutes even if Nunge were healthy. It has happened many times under Fran in which he's played too many guys. Losing Nunge wasn't a huge loss until this very moment of the season.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I don't expect to win any road game in the Big Ten when you know going in Fredrick is not playing and other contributors are sick. For that reason, I had a bad feeling about the Nebraska game before it started. I thought Iowa would compete better last night.
You don’t expect to be a Nebraska who is now 7-17 overall cause you are missing a player?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Not sure how you can say that....I think it'd make a huge difference right now if we had Nunge/Patrick coming off the bench instead of Till/Ash. Not even debatable IMO.
Yeah I would agree with that. I was saying that losing those guys hasn't been an issue until this happened. Having those guys available would definitely help at this moment.

• Agree
Reactions: dexterhawk

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Nunge is better than Pemsl and Till. It's not even close with Till. Obviously having Nunge at this very moment would be tremendously helpful considering Till is a walkon and not a good one, and Pemsl can't go a few months without getting into trouble. I do think Pemsl would still be getting minutes even if Nunge were healthy. It has happened many times under Fran in which he's played too many guys. Losing Nunge wasn't a huge loss until this very moment of the season.

Nunge isn't a P5 player.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Nunge and Patrick aren't losses? Nunge is absolutely better than Pemsl and Till who are both now getting minutes. Nunge was starting in front of Kriener. To say that isn't a loss is ridiculous. I'll give you Patrick because I was hoping for a red shirt year for him anyway.
It wasn't a loss until right now, in which you're short handed players. Are you saying if Iowa had Nunge, they'd have a few more wins? I don't.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Nunge isn't a P5 player.
Well we really don't know that. He's never been healthy and I'm sure that's diminished his game a bit, which wasn't astounding to begin with. Having Nunge out has allowed Iowa to put Connor at the 4 and that lineup has been great throughout the year. Kriener still would've seen minutes and Pemsl probably would've too.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012

Nunge won a starting spot at the beginning of the season on a potential NCAA tournament team. To say he wasn't a loss would be wrong.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Well we really don't know that. He's never been healthy and I'm sure that's diminished his game a bit, which wasn't astounding to begin with. Having Nunge out has allowed Iowa to put Connor at the 4 and that lineup has been great throughout the year. Kriener still would've seen minutes and Pemsl probably would've too.
This. Fran not having the option to play 12 guys is the best thing that has happened to that team.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Texbudman

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

He was healthy last year and decided to redshirt

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: JP4CY and CyPunch

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
He didn’t contradict himself at all of you actually read what was said instead of trolling.

Saying that thinking Nunge would be a contributor for Iowa is ridiculous and then saying its too early to tell if Nunge is a P5 player seems contradicting.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Saying that thinking Nunge would be a contributor for Iowa is ridiculous and then saying its too early to tell if Nunge is a P5 player seems contradicting.
Actually in both cases I was saying there isn't enough information or stats to tell whether or not Nunge is a P5 player or would be a significant contributor. His freshman year he averaged 5.7 points. Last year he sat out probably for development, and he tore his ACL this year. Assuming either way that he's good or bad wouldn't be fair to him.

Saying Iowa would be better before last night's game if they had Nunge and Patrick would be very optimistic. Neither of them are proven and thinking Iowa would be better would almost be implying they'd be one of the best teams in the nation. With that said, having them right now for when someone gets suspended and an injury happens would certainly help them out because both of those guys are better than Till and Ash, who are likely going to have to play meaningful minutes going forward.

• Disagree
Reactions: HawkJRP