Lazard on Packer roster

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Doesn’t help that the Linebackers are trying to shoot gaps and are running themselves out of the play many times.
That's kind of the idea though. There was a ton of misdirection and opposite motion ran intentionally to get LB s moving. It was great offensive game planning. Packers weren't prepared.

• Winner
Reactions: theguru1

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
That's kind of the idea though. There was a ton of misdirection and opposite motion ran intentionally to get LB s moving. It was great offensive game planning. Packers weren't prepared.

The bad part is, they did some of the same stuff last time IIRC. The Packers LBs made mistakes throughout the whole year. It’s the weak part of the D.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
The bad part is, they did some of the same stuff last time IIRC. The Packers LBs made mistakes throughout the whole year. It’s the weak part of the D.
I'd blame coaching. Plus it's hard when you're trained to make your first step forward and to motion as a LB.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
When do we expect to hear where Lazard’s going next year.

Looks like Lazard is an Exclusive Restricted Free Agent going into next season. If I understand correctly, it basically means that since he has <3 years of service and his contract is up he can only negotiate with Green Bay unless GB doesn't extend an offer. Then he becomes a free agent.

I'd be surprised if he gets offered more than league minimum for a 2nd year player since he can't leverage that with other offers. No idea what the penalty or restrictions would be if he turned it down and tried to go elsewhere.

https://www.hogshaven.com/2019/7/13/20692788/salary-cap-nuggets-no-11-free-agency-erfa-rfa-ufa

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
Looks like Lazard is an Exclusive Restricted Free Agent going into next season. If I understand correctly, it basically means that since he has <3 years of service and his contract is up he can only negotiate with Green Bay unless GB doesn't extend an offer. Then he becomes a free agent.

I'd be surprised if he gets offered more than league minimum for a 2nd year player since he can't leverage that with other offers. No idea what the penalty or restrictions would be if he turned it down and tried to go elsewhere.

https://www.hogshaven.com/2019/7/13/20692788/salary-cap-nuggets-no-11-free-agency-erfa-rfa-ufa
The way I read it, the only reason the Packers would have to offer more than the minimum was if they have long-term plans for him, and don't want to alienate him by lowballing him with the minimum. The offer he gets from the Packers should tell us everything we need to know.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
Down the rabbit hole.

Found this website, Over the Cap, that lists the free agents coming into 2020. You can filter by WR. Lazard made $495,000 last season, which is lowest on the list for being signed the entire regular season, but his snap % is relatively high at 43%. Basically you don't find other free agents consistently with that usage rate until you hit the guys making $2,500,000 a year.

The link below provides what OTC thinks Lazard's actual worth was in 2019/20. They valued him at $3.5 million. Maybe he will get a better deal than I think from GB.

https://overthecap.com/player/allen-lazard/7167/

isu_oak

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2006

I posted about this earlier, and I think Lazard might still be classified as a 1st year player since he only played in 1 game in 2018.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyientist

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Lazard was Aaron's security blanket this year. Im not sure he's dynamic enough to be the full time #2 but he's a great option at #3

• Agree
Reactions: HouClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I'd blame coaching. Plus it's hard when you're trained to make your first step forward and to motion as a LB.

If Martinez is still just doing that, then there are serious issues. By his level you need to be reading the keys and your first instinct is to attack as your film study said to, not just what they coach up to HS. Fackral did some very peculiar stuff also. The backers need serious upgrade.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
If Martinez is still just doing that, then there are serious issues. By his level you need to be reading the keys and your first instinct is to attack as your film study said to, not just what they coach up to HS. Fackral did some very peculiar stuff also. The backers need serious upgrade.
Lol Bro, that isn't just high school. If you read hand off your first step is forward. It's just good scheming by San Fran who has done it all year. If they start hesitating then you hand it off on the end around. Like they did early in the game.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Lazard was Aaron's security blanket this year. Im not sure he's dynamic enough to be the full time #2 but he's a great option at #3
This is where my thinking is at also. He'll probably never be a #2, but he's a damn solid #3 right now. The problem is most teams try to draft over their #3 receivers, especially if their current #3 wasn't drafted by them.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Richard Sherman alone tilts the scale in the Chiefs' favor. What a doosher. His team wins going away and all he can think of is to trash the Packers in the media.

What did he say? I have heard old teammates of him hate him as a teammate. He won’t help out, always says, I didNt get beat because he plays a cloud defense quite often. Davante took him to the woodshed yesterday when they lined up.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
This is where my thinking is at also. He'll probably never be a #2, but he's a damn solid #3 right now. The problem is most teams try to draft over their #3 receivers, especially if their current #3 wasn't drafted by them.
Who is #2?

isubeatle

Aug 9, 2006
Des Moines
t1qvtawejxut2bv5q1cx.png