What Is The Dumbest Hawkeye Personalized License Plate You've Seen

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
There is a plate here in Ankeny, IST8WHO.

So Iowa State is so insignificant to this hawk fan that he/she dedicated permanent real estate on their vehicle to the Clones. The level of irony in that stupid is precious.

I was in traffic behind that vehicle recently.

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
Totally forgot about this. Okay so just to sate your palate. So Under the table and dreaming came out in ‘94. Another album came out in ‘94 as well. Blue Traveler “four”. From ‘91 to ‘94 (in utero came
out in ‘93) the young folks were fully ingrained in the grunge/smashing pumpkins sound...THAT was the pop music of the time. These albums by DMB and Blues Traveler came out the same year Cobain died...when the young people that were in to that grunge/heavier sound were at their most vulnerable. What do you turn to when you’re at your most vulnerable? SCHLOCK. Feel good SCHLOCK. Was this a coincidence or did the music industry purposefully use DMB to take advantage of Cobains death to change the narrative to a more “feel good” sound? They accepted the negatives that sound would bring (drug music) to dull the sense of the youth of the time.

I understand that DMB (and the like BT, Barenaked Ladies, etc) was obviously putting out music prior to 94 but I would argue that the music industry deliberately hot shotted a sound that they knew was **** but that kids would fall for in their vulnerable state. A sound that was not totally weak, but also not totally engineered on a synth.

BUT...was DMB a willing participant in this undercutting or were they just the pawn to get the music industry to what they were really looking to as the end game? ******* BOY BANDS AND HIP-POP (*NSYNC, babe, j-lo).

Like I said it goes deeper than that when you match up the record labels, producers, etc and all I’m saying is that DMB isnt good music it was pushed to make you believe it was good music to bring about the insane money made in the late 90’s and early 00’s...the last great money grab of the traditional music industry.

He had a couple of songs I liked, but mainly because we lived in South Africa at the time and I believe he is South African

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
This morning at Marion Hy-Vee, I found an Iowa Hawkeye licensed plate stating, "HWKISP8". Is that supposed to be:

A) Hawk is pate
B) Hawkeye spate
C) Hawkeyes pee eight
D) Hawkeye state (misspelled, of course)

I thought it was D. Any other guesses?

Did the driver have a harelip?

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I saw "TP4HRKY" this morning on Blairsferry in CR.

I will assume it's somebody's initials, but in the current environment...