[DECOMMIT] 2021 QB Charles Wright

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Yeah, it's not great. But maybe he'll be a late riser and get some more high profile offers, and if that's the case we'll be glad Campbell got to him early.
Although offers and talent are not necessarily mutually exclusive, some recruits often slip the cracks on P5 radars.

I look more into the 247sports rating and judgement on the tape to define "talent". Purdy is no more and no less talents for having been offered by Alabama; though it helped to show that he had talent that was desired.

Wright has a rating of 85 on 247. That's a mid-three star and definitely passable for an ISU prospect.

Reactions: jbindm

CSnyder

Aug 23, 2015
Couldn't care less about the TOE's QB recruit.

Charles' film is impressive. Kid has a strong arm, is accurate on downfield throws, and looks like he can expand plays using his feet.

I am guessing he adds a few high-profile offers in the future..

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: cyputz and aauummm

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
Although offers and talent are not necessarily mutually exclusive, some recruits often slip the cracks on P5 radars.

I look more into the 247sports rating and judgement on the tape to define "talent". Purdy is no more and no less talents for having been offered by Alabama; though it helped to show that he had talent that was desired.

Wright has a rating of 85 on 247. That's a mid-three star and definitely passable for an ISU prospect.

Exhibit A: Mike Rose

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Hogan is a senior in high school this year.
A “Junior”. As in “Joseph Hogan Jr” or “Joseph Hogan II”, for example, which is where a nickname “Deuce” would come from. (No idea what his dad’s first name is)

Current ISU signee Willis Singleton Jr apparently prefers to go by “JR”, for another example.

Or maybe Hogan’s parents were just big Deuce Bigelow fans.

JCloned

Mar 20, 2006
Well, some of the obvious factors are the number of times he's visited, his crystal balls, and his offer list being short.

I've also heard things behind the scenes that he is looking to wrap it up quick and feels at home at ISU.

I'm not sure of the timetable, but I'd say he'll commit to ISU before the summer
, barring a crazy push from another high-level P5.

OK we need a standard for commitment watch, by that statement that is like half the class right now. Commitment Watch should mean imminent, like today or next few days.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
I was going to make a comment about his size, but after watching his video I changed my mind. Man, this guy just makes elite level throws one after another. Looks great in the pocket, too. Great footwork and posture... it's no wonder why he's as accurate as he is.

Really hope we get this kid

Reactions: aauummm

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
We may have a contender to take the QB slot for the 2021. Ty Thompson has listed ISU among his top 5 schools, along with TOE, Oregon, Cal and LSU.

Thompson was announced as the top QB performer from the Under Armour Camp in Phoenix from over the weekend.

My speculation: ISU's recruitment of him may be what is holding Charles Wright back from committing. It appears that Ty Thompson is the staffs top guy followed by Wright. I believe Charles Wright would commit immediately if Thompson wasn't in the picture.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Macon is being recruited by Nate Scheelhause... so you better just go ahead and chalk him up as a commit right now
It is interesting that on the 247 header to Macon's page he is listed as a "Dual" but under the Scouting Report he is listed as "Pro-Style". Should I take that to mean something or is it just a mistake? Is he a quite mobile pro-style QB akin to Purdy?