Thad Matta - ISU Head Coach next year

Beernuts

Nov 9, 2017
I just gotta get this off my chest, Norman Dale didn't run the picket fence. That play was all Shooter. So if he's not coming with Coach Dale, it's a hard pass for me.

maxresdefault.jpg

Hey is that the ISU team he's coaching at State Gym? I think I see Gary Thompson.

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
Haha. 4,200 posts. Without a doubt, YOU are the one with a sad life. Also, this poster knows of what he speaks. Of course this is no guarantee, but if you had any clue of the current goings on behind the scenes, you would understand this is a VERY real possibility.

Please, do go on, you had us at "behind the scenes"....

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Haha. 4,200 posts. Without a doubt, YOU are the one with a sad life. Also, this poster knows of what he speaks. Of course this is no guarantee, but if you had any clue of the current goings on behind the scenes, you would understand this is a VERY real possibility.

The way this thread is presented it seems like wishful thinking or a joke. I hope there are some legs to it.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
So we wait til he bring in another class like the '19 one then...weaksauce
This 2020 class sticking around for a while would help with future classes. The '19 class wouldn't be playing right now if the '17 and '18 class would've stayed the course. The G-League blowing up has changed things and Prohm has to be able to adjust better.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
This 2020 class sticking around for a while would help with future classes. The '19 class wouldn't be playing right now if the '17 and '18 class would've stayed the course. The G-League blowing up has changed things and Prohm has to be able to adjust better.
Tre and Caleb could have really used a RS year, I agree.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
IF this is true, I can't see how Jamie or Thad's camp would be happy about this being posted on here. Not conducive for negotiations, our current student athletes, or the current staff (whether you like them or not).
Agree, but of course the OP must be high or drunk... or both. No way this happens. Still, these threads provide nothing constructive.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Do tell.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yeah this will be interesting to hear.. I have not heard a single rumor about Steve leaving or being fired after this year, nor have I heard Matta's name even being mentioned in connection with Iowa State. Is the person sure they didn't mix up Thad Matta going to Ohio State?? It'd be a common mistake.