Iowa State Basketball is a Mid-Major Roster

mattyheiden

May 3, 2011
MN
Time to cut bait and move on? Too soon? Maybe one if the pitfalls of relying on transfers to fill out a roster. This team has zero chemistry

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Kind of shocked by the final score. Watched the first half and the Clones were right in it.

I can't believe the lack of fan support for OU.....

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
I think it's more a talent issue than a chemistry issue.

Last year is when they lacked chemistry.

I think the main issue is the roster construction. Completely on Prohm, but the vast majority of the rotation can on play center or shooting guard.

Tough to blame a performance like that on talent when 4 of your 5 starters have played a big role on teams who have made the postseason.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Time to cut bait and move on? Too soon? Maybe one if the pitfalls of relying on transfers to fill out a roster. This team has zero chemistry
THT, Wigs, Lard, and now most likely Halli didnt make it to their junior year. That isnt easy to just replace.
I'd gladly continue to take NWB and Shayok level transfers.

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
I think the main issue is the roster construction. Completely on Prohm, but the vast majority of the rotation can on play center or shooting guard.

Tough to blame a performance like that on talent when 4 of your 5 starters have played a big role on teams who have made the postseason.

Confused by this part.

Jackson and Bolton both started last night. Jackson is a freshman and Bolton didnt play in the postseason at PSU last year.

Also, Young and Jacobson have played in the tourney with ISU but I wouldnt say they played big roles.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Because you guys were down 4 at half and were playing well.....just thought they'd keep it close.
Honestly the way we were shooting, we should've been handily winning at half... Except we turned the ball over 397 times.

Then in the second half, the turnovers stayed early but the shooting didn't... and 5 minutes later it was a 15-point game. This team had too many turnovers with Hali around, and it's certainly going to get worse. OU doesn't normally force lots of TOs.

I've never seen a P5 team so bad at basic basketball fundamentals. Bad dribbling/ball control, bad passing, and bad open shooting. These are mostly 3 and 4 star recruits out of high school who look like they'd turn the ball over against middle schoolers.

• Informative
Reactions: dexterhawk

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron