*** Official IOWA STATE Vs Oklahoma Game(Day) Thread ***

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
so was TH playing with contacts the whole time, or does he need them?
espn-nba-new-orleans-pelicans-josh-hart-S3bmU83FtXEnhbBz9S

Reactions: Go2Guy

Cyfanisu

Mar 31, 2019
yeah, something has to be done defensively with the coaching staff, this just can’t go on like this
One thing prohm has done, is fail to get consistent defensive effort out of his guys, just can’t play competitive basketball like this, he has to know this right?
Yes, but if we had a high octane offense (like in the last 4 years of FH and first 2 years of SP) it wouldn’t matter as much.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
yeah, something has to be done defensively with the coaching staff, this just can’t go on like this
One thing prohm has done, is fail to get consistent defensive effort out of his guys, just can’t play competitive basketball like this, he has to know this right?

Coaches can be really stubborn, but he has got to figure 2 bad seasons in a row would be the end for him

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
unfortunately there is a bigger picture here. All of these players came here with successful high school careers, and several of them with good college play. Everyone is degressing instead of progressing
Haliburton, Young and Conditt are all improved this year. I could argue Lewis improved a little. Jacobson regressed. Everyone else is new and I don't know how anyone could determine whether they've improved OR regressed. The players didn't get worse, we just lost Shayock, Wigginton, Horton-Tucker and Babb (all 4 are playing professionally with 3 of them under NBA/G-league contracts) and replaced them with Nixon, Bolton (who is solid, but an inconsistent sophomore) and two freshman.

The only real disappointments for me have been Jacobson's regression and Griffin not making a jump.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Record wise 2001-2002 I think according to record....that team won 12 games.

I don't think this team wins 12 though...it would be the worst in about 40 years.

Someone will come in with 'But this team played in Atlantis and NOBODY wins in the Big 12!' but 10 wins is bad and bad is bad regardless of team or conference.
One could say we played a tough non conference, but the Big 12 blows this year outside of the top 4. We play 10 conference games again bad teams.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
I've grown pretty accustomed to it by now, personally.

I'm even having a hard time even connecting with these players. I'm a sunshine guy but I'm really struggling to see the light.

I'll always support this program and I really respect CSP but man......

• Agree
Reactions: Doc

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Yes, but if we had a high octane offense (like in the last 4 years of FH and first 2 years of SP) it wouldn’t matter as much.

correct, Fred sacrificed defensive matchups to have advantages offensively, not right Or wrong it’s just how his teams play

Steve is never going to have that luxury, Or if he does he’s not good enough to expose it on the fly, going to have to play defense, only way he can save it

Reactions: Doc

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
And the bottom half of the big 12 is down this year. Plenty of win opportunities if we didnt suck.

Yeah but it will still be like when ISU was winning 3 games in football and many blamed the schedule, then magically the schedule doesn't seem so daunting when you're somewhat decent.

ISU has totally flipped with Texas Tech in 5 years.

Reactions: CyBobby

bearcat92

Mar 2, 2013
So Prohm decides to take out the only player that can score in the post (Young) right after he scores? Why??

Even earlier when Young was taken out early in the 2nd half and sat for an extended period. OU exploited the post and extended the lead. By the time he got back in, around or under 10 mins, game was decided. Was he in foul trouble? Gassed? Seemed like offense functioning better when he's in there and a scoring option. Why go away from that..

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
Haliburton, Young and Conditt are all improved this year. I could argue Lewis improved a little. Jacobson regressed. Everyone else is new and I don't know how anyone could determine whether they've improved OR regressed. The players didn't get worse, we just lost Shayock, Wigginton, Horton-Tucker and Babb (all 4 are playing professionally with 3 of them under NBA/G-league contracts) and replaced them with Nixon, Bolton (who is solid, but an inconsistent sophomore) and two freshman.

The only real disappointments for me have been Jacobson's regression and Griffin not making a jump.

The lack of a serviceable 4 on this team really has a dramatic impact. Jacobsen and Zion struggle quite a bit on both ends of the floor.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron