• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tzjung

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2007
Ankeny, IA
Vegas knows Haliburton is out and the line reflects that

I agree, but our general understanding of this team seems to be much more aligned with reality than Vegas lately. Remember that 6 pt Baylor line we got@ Hilton or the 12.5 pt like down in waco ? Or that 5 pt Kanas line @ Hilton? We all thought those were crazy and proved to be right.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I agree, but our general understanding of this team seems to be much more aligned with reality than Vegas lately. Remember that 6 pt Baylor line we got@ Hilton or the 12.5 pt like down in waco ? Or that 5 pt Kanas line @ Hilton? We all thought those were crazy and proved to be right.

I mean we're 11-12 ATS this year. People thought it was crazy we were only 8 point dogs at Auburn and we covered

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I mean we're 11-12 ATS this year. People thought it was crazy we were only 8 point dogs at Auburn and we covered

Outside of a couple games, we're not great but we are relatively competitive...well that was with TH. Who knows now.

• Agree
Reactions: NodawayRiverClone

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
This seems like an OU win 70-54 where at halftime might be something like 32-28.

Yeah, that's how I can see the first half. Prohm's offense seems to require a 'Go2Guy' in isolation and 1-on-1 to create a shot. It will be interesting who we run the offense through and who steps up. Bolton is my first guess. Maybe Zion / Lewis can also help.

• Creative
Reactions: VeloClone

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Yeah, that's how I can see the first half. Prohm's offense seems to require a 'Go2Guy' in isolation and 1-on-1 to create a shot. It will be interesting who we run the offense through and who steps up. Bolton is my first guess. Maybe Zion / Lewis can also help.

We may not win another game, but my hope is one of these games, our guys hit like 5 three pointers off the bat and control the narrative and surprise someone.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
What do people think about the over/under on this game? I'd say under without TH, and I would imagine ISU's game plan will be to try and slow down the pace as a result...

• Agree
Reactions: mj4cy

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
What do people think about the over/under on this game? I'd say under without TH, and I would imagine ISU's game plan will be to try and slow down the pace as a result...

Most of our losses have us scoring in the 60s; I'll be surprised if we get > 70.

• Agree
Reactions: JBone84

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa

I might parlay OU covering and the under. We'll see.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006

Except that all of Nixon's Ill-advised 3 pointers will result in long rebounds and run-outs by OU. If Prohm can reign those in, maybe we keep it within 15 or so.

• Agree
Reactions: CascadeClone

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009

CSP will want to slow it down, that's kind of his default mode. Unfortunately, that plays to ISU's weaknesses: half-court offense and defense in general.

ISU needs to just push the ball like crazy and hope for the best. Getting out and running is their most effective offense. When they were scoring on KSU saturday early in the game, it was a lot of pushing the ball and tempo.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I have been good at Big 12 ball for ISU this year. 9-1 ATS with the one L coming in this exact game played in Hilton. My gut had me thinking OU would have an easy cover after Iowa State's poor showings vs Baylor and Kansas. Think the line was -5.5 or -6.5 in favor of OU, I thought it was money in the bank. That said, this time around my gut is feeling we could possibly give OU a fight tonight. Better bet my mortgage on OU and the -10 then...

On a more serious note, I will be playing the total tonight at u144.5 There is no way this game reaches that level of scoring, even if OU is sizzling. Without Tyrese I just don't see us scoring a bunch and will be surprised if we clear 70. Something like a 78-60 type of score seems about right for this one, and I think even that is on the high end.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Control and limit our turnovers and I'll take ISU +10
If we struggle to control the ball (which is a very real concern without TH) then I think OU -10 is easy money.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
Don't tell Nixon that because in his mind it all runs through him. What is the over under on the number of shots Nixon puts up tonight? Sorry, shouldn't bag on him but I'm afraid he will put up even more shots with TH being out.