***Official 2019-2020 Transfer Thread***

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Virginia doesn't make sense

Virginia is a great academic school. From a hoops standpoint the Bennett name is still meaningful in the state of Wisconsin. Also one the Hauser brothers is at Va. Maybe they played AAU together or developed friendship through basketball since both are from northern Wisconsin.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Virginia is a great academic school. From a hoops standpoint the Bennett name is still meaningful in the state of Wisconsin. Also one the Hauser brothers is at Va. Maybe they played AAU together or developed friendship through basketball since both are from northern Wisconsin.

Oh I get why a Wisconsin kid would want to play for Bennett but it doesn't make sense for him who's not happy with style of play to go to Virginia

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
And, Here. We. Go.....

@WisBBYearbook Iowa State, Nebraska, Northern Iowa and Xavier among the schools that have reached out thus far to former La Crosse Central and University of Wisconsin wing Kobe King.

First head-to-head-to-head between Prohm, Fran, and Fred.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
I know we'd be better with King than without him

I have little confidence this staff will land any immediately eligible player that fits ISUs needs that can make an impact. King has his flaws but I’d rather land someone who’s averaged 20 mpg in Big 10 games than a CUSA or Sun Belt transfer.

If there’s a connection with King, use it and work hard to land him. Don’t wait til spring for better transfers when competition will be much heavier at that time.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I have little confidence this staff will land any immediately eligible player that fits ISUs needs that can make an impact. King has his flaws but I’d rather land someone who’s averaged 20 mpg in Big 10 games than a CUSA or Sun Belt transfer.

If there’s a connection with King, use it and work hard to land him. Don’t wait til spring for better transfers when competition will be much heavier at that time.

I'm with you. I bet we whiff on him. The fact we got Bolton gives me a sliver of hope though

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

Bolton is pretty good as far as immediately-eligible transfers go.

I would take a Donovan Jackson for next year, too.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
I'm with you. I bet we whiff on him. The fact we got Bolton gives me a sliver of hope though

ISU is so lucky Bolton received a waiver and I’d venture to say if it was more well known he had a good chance at eligibility, he’d have had much better suitors than Cincinnati, Colorado State and ISU

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Bolton is pretty good as far as immediately-eligible transfers go.

I would take a Donovan Jackson for next year, too.

bolton is the one immediately eligible d1 transfer this staff has landed that has belonged on a big 12 basketball team and it wasn’t even a sure thing he’d be eligible.

Jackson was a solid juco addition but he’s the 1 juco player Prohm has landed in 5 years.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
bolton is the one immediately eligible d1 transfer this staff has landed that has belonged on a big 12 basketball team and it wasn’t even a sure thing he’d be eligible.

Jackson was a solid juco addition but he’s the 1 juco player Prohm has landed in 5 years.

Your argument is the glass half-empty one. "Sure, those guys are good, but there are so few of them, and remember Holden and Jeff MFing Beverly?"

My argument is the glass half-full one. "Sure, Jeff MFing Beverly is a legend and they are unlikely to equal that triumph next time around, but is not the fact they have at least a few good examples -- which you acknowledge with Bolton and D-Jax -- the best evidence they might be able to pull something off at least like that again?

The best proof you can do something again is having done it before.