Starting Lineup Post Halliburton?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Dear Prohm,

Commit to the G**D*** rebuild and don't play Jacobson or Nixon more than just resting the potential returners

Sincerely,
Cyclone fans who want win next year

P.S. please start recruiting a grad transfer PG. Money bags or whatever it takes to be relevant again
Benching seniors just for the sake of getting ready for next year sends a horrible message to the team and is a terrible way to run a program. You play whoever gives you the best chance to win each game, period.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
for sure.

why do you think you’re lineup is better? I think you have to start Nixon because it is Tyrese you are replacing. If you were replacing Jackson, sure go with Lewis over Nixon.

I’m not as committed to Jacobson starting but he was really good on Saturday so why not? He hasn’t been getting tons of minutes anyway, so I’m not sure why you think he’ll get 40.
Mike went 1-6 for 2 points. He had 5 rebounds and 2 blocks which is okay, but I would not define that as being really good.

• Agree
Reactions: flycy

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
for sure.

why do you think you’re lineup is better? I think you have to start Nixon because it is Tyrese you are replacing. If you were replacing Jackson, sure go with Lewis over Nixon.

I’m not as committed to Jacobson starting but he was really good on Saturday so why not? He hasn’t been getting tons of minutes anyway, so I’m not sure why you think he’ll get 40.
Nixon isn’t going to be the primary ball handler to replace Tyrese so I’d go with Lewis because he’s been better in games he gets to play 15+ minutes. Starting Nixon probably means he’ll think he needs to put up 10+ shots again and that’s never good for this team. I don’t start Jacobson because he’s been a black hole offensively. He was solid early defensively against KSU but not good enough imo to keep Conditt off the floor. Plus, we’re 10-13 so I’m not starting two seniors. I’m allowing some of the younger guys to get more minutes and those younger guys have been just as good, if not better than Nixon and Jacobson. Mike has played 15+ minutes in 6 straight games and he’s averaging 3.5 points during that stretch.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
What game were you watching? 1/6 shooting.. Almost all of his misses are short because he's fading away.. Solo had the good game. Jacobson did not and hasn't all year
View attachment 70128

View attachment 70129

Mike might have the largest regression for a P5 starters in the NCAA this year. And he's not coming back, so what the point?

I was watching the god damn defense. A big reason we took a 21-2 lead was mikes defense. He blocked shots, tipped balls, got rebounds. Please watch the first 10 minutes from Saturday.

if he is not on some nights, give him 15 minutes like he’s gotten sometimes this year. But he was good Saturday.

fsanford

Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
I would be interested to see:

Bolton
Jackson
Lewis
Griffin
Conditt or Young

Would probably be a bit dysfunctional but would be good minutes for the future. Just tell them to get out on transition as much as possible.

Probably sometimes they would be really good, and other times they would be really bad.
Which is kind of how the season has played out :)

• Agree
Reactions: CloniesForLife

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I've got a simple solution to solve this argument:

tenor.png

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Probably sometimes they would be really good, and other times they would be really bad.
Which is kind of how the season has played out :)
Yeah I am not even advocating that is the starting lineup. I would be fine starting Nixon in place of Hali. That lineup is one I would like to see get some run though.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Mike went 1-6 for 2 points. He had 5 rebounds and 2 blocks which is okay, but I would not define that as being really good.
Nixon isn’t going to be the primary ball handler to replace Tyrese so I’d go with Lewis because he’s been better in games he gets to play 15+ minutes. Starting Nixon probably means he’ll think he needs to put up 10+ shots again and that’s never good for this team. I don’t start Jacobson because he’s been a black hole offensively. He was solid early defensively against KSU but not good enough imo to keep Conditt off the floor. Plus, we’re 10-13 so I’m not starting two seniors. I’m allowing some of the younger guys to get more minutes and those younger guys have been just as good, if not better than Nixon and Jacobson. Mike has played 15+ minutes in 6 straight games and he’s averting 3.5 points during that stretch.

how many points is Lewis giving up? It goes both ways. But I promise you there will be plenty of playing for the future. But the lineup that WON us a game with Tyrese for 15 minutes included Jake and Nixon.

I don’t know if you have some sort of weird fetish with Lewis or what.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
how many points is Lewis giving up? It goes both ways. But I promise you there will be plenty of playing for the future. But the lineup that WON us a game with Tyrese for 15 minutes included Jake and Nixon.

Oh no not at all I actually have been defending Prohm all year long about why he hasn't played Terrence and what not. I'm just saying I would like to see that starting lineup that's all.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames

Well not very much considering Kansas State only put up 63 points and 34 of those were from Diarra and Gordon. Lewis wasn’t on either one of this guys. He was Sneed a lot who averages 14.5 points and he finished with only 8. Are people honestly this stubborn about admitting Lewis does some good things? It’s insane how anybody can watch that Kansas State game and not think Lewis was huge for us. Lewis, Young and Nixon won us that game.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I'd say Bolton/Jackson/Lewis/Conditt/Solo

If nothing else, guys should be happy they're getting more PT. Would love to see us steal a game or two but may not win another one this year.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Well not very much considering Kansas State only put up 63 points and 34 of those were from Diarra and Gordon. Lewis wasn’t on either one of this guys. He was Sneed a lot who averages 14.5 points and he finished with only 8. Are people honestly this stubborn about admitting Lewis does some good things? It’s insane how anybody can watch that Kansas State game and not think Lewis was huge for us. Lewis, Young and Nixon won us that game.

Lewis was great Saturday. Got lost a couple times on defense (so did others) but was locked in otherwise

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
I was watching the god damn defense. A big reason we took a 21-2 lead was mikes defense. He blocked shots, tipped balls, got rebounds. Please watch the first 10 minutes from Saturday.

if he is not on some nights, give him 15 minutes like he’s gotten sometimes this year. But he was good Saturday.

I'll agree he looked good to start Saturday. But the whole team did. What I care about is crunch time and the second half. That's where he has disappeared all season

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Lol what?

Remember when the 21 point lead against KState shrunk to 4 points with under 10 to go in the 2nd half? I do. Bolton was taken out with 7:50 left, and the lineup I posted was the one that was in there the rest of the game, up until the last 20 seconds when Bolton was put back in for FT shooting.

That lineup played solid D, rebounded took care of the ball and ran offense.