Is it weird

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Is it weird to put a bulk TP purchase in a kitchen pantry?

• Yes, it is weird to put bulk TP purchase in a kitchen pantry

Votes: 29 41.4%
  • No, it is out of sight and a logical place to store things

Votes: 41 58.6%

• Total voters

cybychoice

Jun 27, 2014
Ankeny
To put a bulk toilet paper purchase from sams club or cosco in a kitchen pantry with the bulk paper towel purchase? Wife thinks it would be strange, I disagree, came here for the poll decision.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Doesn't matter where you put it, because when I REALLY need it I'm fully committed to a major transaction and it is nowhere to be found.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
To put a bulk toilet paper purchase from sams club or cosco in a kitchen pantry with the bulk paper towel purchase? Wife thinks it would be strange, I disagree, came here for the poll decision.

Heck no. I think TP makes more sense to buy in bulk than maybe anything else. It's something you most certainly don't want to find our you are out of the hard way...

What's your wife's concern? Someone may see it and think "boy, these people must **** alot?"

• Funny
Reactions: g4ce

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I can think of a lot of things I'd store in a kitchen pantry before toilet paper, but put your stuff wherever you want. I assume you have a large walk-in pantry, so I'll just be jealous instead of judging you.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
is it weird to put my d*** in a nice, warm, apple pie?

mcdonalds or homemade you ask?

doesn't matter.

you do you mang.

• Funny
Reactions: GTO

discydisc

Flag Designer Extraordinaire
Jan 14, 2014
Ames
Its what we do, right next to the paper towels.

• Agree
Reactions: SCyclone

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Well, they don't sell TP in a dingy lean-to in the parking lot of Hy-Vee, so, why would we need to keep it in some inconspicuous place?

• Agree
Reactions: cycart

CycloneSarah

Aug 9, 2016
I have a problem in our new house of having too many closets that I forget which one I put the TP and paper towels in. I dont think I have ever gone to the pantry looking for TP but I have gone to the coat closets looking for paper towels when those are kept in the pantry. I keep TP in all the bathrooms, laundry room upstairs and closet downstairs so I never have a good feel for how much we actually have. And no basements here.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
Put it where you've got space. I make sure I've got a 6 pack in every bathroom and a full reserve Costco pack in the hall closet, right next to my Costco pack of paper towels. I don't have a basement, and my pantry is full of other Costco-sized goods.

• Winner
Reactions: SCyclone

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
It wouldn't be my first choice. Break them out of the package and store them under the vanity. You can get quite a few in there usually. Proximity to point of use is key in this situation.

On the other hand if there's no space there you do what you have to do, I suppose.

But if she's had the place remodeled and got one of those pedestal sinks you're out of luck. That styling fad can't fade away fast enough for me. Along with those sink bowl things that look like an aquarium mounted on a low vanity.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

cyadict

Aug 4, 2006
Ankeny
My bulk TP is on a scheduled delivery from Amazon. Comes every month on the 1st. Very handy with a house with 4 girls in it!!

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I got turned on to wet wipes about 5 years ago. I would never go back.