Xavier foster vs norwalk.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
We have no clue if Grill or Nixon are good defenders, they are never on the floor. So we have Haliburton, that can play D, Jackson what I have seen is average at best.
Bolton is horrible, hell last night we had a four on one break, with Bolton the basketball, Grill was on his right, and when the defender moved towards him, instead of an easy pass to Grill for a layup he shot the ball, missed and we ended up with nothing.

Lol Bolton is horrible? Go away

cyups2323

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
For guards Haliburton, Jackson, Grill and Nixon are good defenders. Bolton can be at times. Lewis isn't

Let me rephrase. As a team or individually, noone on this team plays defense well enough to pass on a high volume scorer whose dad played at isu because he can't play defense in my opinion. To me it's pretty obvious this kid is gonna go nuts at UNI and we will have egg on our face. 3 inches taller and we take him? Cmon. Dude is a baller.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
We have no clue if Grill or Nixon are good defenders, they are never on the floor. So we have Haliburton, that can play D, Jackson what I have seen is average at best.
Bolton is horrible, hell last night we had a four on one break, with Bolton the basketball, Grill was on his right, and when the defender moved towards him, instead of an easy pass to Grill for a layup he shot the ball, missed and we ended up with nothing.

That sums up Bolton perfectly. People that like him will point to his stats, but he's a terrible decision maker on the court.... and it costs us time and time again. He's hard to watch. Not a high basketball IQ at all.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Let me rephrase. As a team or individually, noone on this team plays defense well enough to pass on a high volume scorer whose dad played at isu because he can't play defense in my opinion. To me it's pretty obvious this kid is gonna go nuts at UNI and we will have egg on our face. 3 inches taller and we take him? Cmon. Dude is a baller.

The dude is a baller but his best offer was UNI?

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Lol Bolton is horrible? Go away

The kid is a volume shooter, meaning he has to get a lot of shots to get his points. Now I would agree that we need scoring from someone, but my god, how many times did he drive last night to the hoop and we got nothing.

You watch bb, how many other teams would Bolton be starting for, getting quality minutes? Not many, that how low we have become, and the kid is selfish, he wants his, we saw that on the 4 on 1 last night.
We are not playing team basketball, little movement and lot of standing around. I have said all year, this team does not have a strength. Last night the bigs played well, but how often has that happened? We were 6/23 from 3 for 26%.
Hard to make chicken soup from chicken poop, but we keep trying.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
We used to make fun of Iowa and all their "spiders" that couldn't shoot, while we had a roster full of shooters.

Now it's the opposite. Prohm is the one recruiting all the "spiders" that can't shoot.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
The kid is a volume shooter, meaning he has to get a lot of shots to get his points. Now I would agree that we need scoring from someone, but my god, how many times did he drive last night to the hoop and we got nothing.

You watch bb, how many other teams would Bolton be starting for, getting quality minutes? Not many, that how low we have become, and the kid is selfish, he wants his, we saw that on the 4 on 1 last night.
We are not playing team basketball, little movement and lot of standing around. I have said all year, this team does not have a strength. Last night the bigs played well, but how often has that happened? We were 6/23 from 3 for 26%.

Bolton is #15 in the Big 12 in points above replacement right now --

upload_2020-2-9_12-54-21.png

Which should be good for third-team or HM all-conference.

Matt Thomas was #15 and was HM his senior year --

upload_2020-2-9_12-55-7.png

So you're trashing that guy, who despite a bad game last night is clearly our second best player, and saying that one of the solutions to our problems is a 5'11" and 150 pound kid from Norwalk (with no other high-major offers in his pocket).

GTFO already.

Last edited:

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Bolton will probably be HM All Conference. He's actually not selfish they keep telling him he needs to shoot more

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

View attachment 70113

View attachment 70114

So you're trashing that guy, who despite a bad game last night is clearly our second best player, and saying that one of the solutions to our problems is a 5'11" and 150 pound kid from Norwalk (with no other high-major offers) in his pocket.

GTFO already.

Preach!

Reactions: isutrevman

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Bolton will probably be HM All Conference. He's actually not selfish they keep telling him he needs to shoot more

Do you actually watch games, or just analyze stats? Bolton is not a good all around basketball player that makes good decisions and makes his team better. You can put up stats and not be a good basketball player.... you understand this, right?

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Do you actually watch games, or just analyze stats? Bolton is not a good all around basketball player that makes good decisions and makes his team better. You can put up stats and not be a good basketball player.... you understand this, right?

This is a thread about how we'd rather have a small player that can shoot, but not defend and yet it is devolving into a thread about how Bolton shoots too much and is not a good player.

On a team that struggles to score, someone needs to shoot. If Nixon dares to shoot a shot, people lose their ****.

Bolton had a bad game last night. But he has not been that bad for quite a while. And frankly, I rewatched the first half and he was solid. He was just really bad in the 2nd half.

Reactions: Blackhawk6515

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Born is an incredible high school player but he is TINY. Good athlete but he doesn’t really have the frame to get big either. Completely fair to doubt his ability to succeed in the big 12, or even the MVC honestly.

Never thought I would see the day I agreed with dog nuts.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
In my opinion some guys just have it and some don't. I think the dude is a baller and we f'd up. Time will tell. I myself would rather have a 5'11 guy who can shoot than a 6'3 guy who makes shots in practice and misses every shot in a game.

Lol

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Born is an incredible high school player but he is TINY. Good athlete but he doesn’t really have the frame to get big either. Completely fair to doubt his ability to succeed in the big 12, or even the MVC honestly.

Who hacked into your account?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

View attachment 70113

View attachment 70114

So you're trashing that guy, who despite a bad game last night is clearly our second best player, and saying that one of the solutions to our problems is a 5'11" and 150 pound kid from Norwalk (with no other high-major offers in his pocket).

GTFO already.

Here you go @clonedude

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

Literally every other P6 not only passed on him, but didn’t even offer him. This isn’t rocket science.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Here's my 2 cents on why Born would be a nice fit on a 3pt shooting starved P6 team.

First our 2000 team would of kicked the crap out of this year's versions of Baylor and Kansas the current top NCAA seeds.

Granted Jake Sullivan didn't come along until the following season but absolutely the same era.

Not saying Born is a better shooter than Sullivan but he looks to be a better athlete and a better shooter than anyone we currently have.

So if Sullivan is arguably the best shooter in school history why is it so far fetched that Born couldn't compete at this level?

• Agree
Reactions: Cyinthenorth

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Here's my 2 cents on why Born would be a nice fit on a 3pt shooting starved P6 team.

First our 2000 team would of kicked the crap out of this year's versions of Baylor and Kansas the current top NCAA seeds.

Granted Jake Sullivan didn't come along until the following season but absolutely the same era.

Not saying Born is a better shooter than Sullivan but he looks to be a better athlete and a better shooter than anyone we currently have.

So if Sullivan is arguably the best shooter in school history why is it so far fetched that Born couldn't compete at this level?

Sullivan was 6'1 195 lbs and very heavily recruited. Duke was in on him

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron