WR TJ Tampa Commits

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I am always impressed by kids that can do it in more than one sport. I can't wait to watch this kid on gameday! I'm starting to think he won't redshirt. At 6'2" 175 and that athleticism, we've had guys with much less ability play right away at his position.
I’d say he’s on a level athletically with Joe Scates and Darien Porter—although that’s expressed in different dimensions for all three. And both of those guys redshirted.

Just sayin’.

if he’d enrolled early, that might have made a difference. Guess we’ll see.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
I’d say he’s on a level athletically with Joe Scates and Darien Porter—although that’s expressed in different dimensions for all three. And both of those guys redshirted.

Just sayin’.

if he’d enrolled early, that might have made a difference. Guess we’ll see.
Wasn't Porter really skinny when he got here? And we all know Scates had some growing up to do. If Tampa is as good as advertised, he could very well go without redshirting, but we also have some decent depth at wr.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
On Cyning Day, CMC commented that DT JR Singleton has as much potential as anyone in this class.

Y’know, after watching all of these TJ Tampa videos, that’s particularly thought provoking. :)

Reactions: Snydes

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Unfortunately Tampa's timed @ 4.76.
Do you take everything you see on 247 as gospel truth? That same profile also claims he only has a 33” vertical. Does that look right to you?

Kid said himself that the last time his vertical jump was measured it was 38”—as a sophomore.

Edit: Ruggs’ HS profile shows a “Verified” 4.45 time. I take those with a rather large grain of salt.

Last edited:

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
His basketball highlights showing his athleticism and explosion reminds me of Henry Ruggs’ high school basketball highlights.

I can't even imagine jumping that high. I'm pretty proud of myself if I can get a foot (12" not my actual foot) off the ground.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron