Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
tumblr_oibop7Cq0d1ue779no4_400.gif

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
No, just bury you with snow.

Not going to snow much here. The nasty forecast south of me seem unnecessary and overkill by the weather gods since I am too sick to drive down to the double header like I had planned today anyway. Bummer because with me in the house, like with OSU, it would have been a sure win.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Got new cheap $329 Acer Aspire 5 laptop set up. Touchpad is a like too touchy maybe but after years on the old Toshiba The Brick anything new is going to feel odd. I kinda like that the z,x,8, /, and? keys all work without having to hammer them multiple times. :rolleyes: Think it's going to make a decent travel confuser. Slim and light, good battery life, HD 15" with keyboard lights and cheap so if it gets stolen or something I am not out a $1500 high end unit.

Even with brand new confuser Cy.TV was totes crap Wednesday night watching the WBB, non HD less than 780i for sures), buffering, freezing etc. Even plugged it into the ethernet and streamed at 85mps. I am SO looking forward to cancelling that POS next month.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
Posted an item for sale on Facebook swap. Guy makes a firm offer, and sets up a specific time today to come get it. An hour before the time, he says he can't do that time, and asks to come immediately or he won't be coming.

Since I don't "wear" facebook 24/7 I don't see the message right away. So he bails on me.

Don't be that guy. Also, on that guy's profile pic, he dressed his child in Hawkeye clothing!

• Dislike
Reactions: cowgirl836

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Took half dozen sport coats to charity thrift shop the other day. Only found $5 in the pockets along with an airport parking receipt from 1994.
On Christmas Eve one year, I didn't change out of my suit after church, so I had it on for gift opening. I got some gift cards. The next day I realized they were missing. I didn't find them again until Easter, when I put my suit back on. They were in the jacket pocket.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Posted an item for sale on Facebook swap. Guy makes a firm offer, and sets up a specific time today to come get it. An hour before the time, he says he can't do that time, and asks to come immediately or he won't be coming.

Since I don't "wear" facebook 24/7 I don't see the message right away. So he bails on me.

Don't be that guy. Also, on that guy's profile pic, he dressed his child in Hawkeye clothing!
Lew has had the same problems on occasion, on both ends (seller & buyer). It's annoying.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Found $5 in my jeans.

Found $2 in mine so...yay?

On Christmas Eve one year, I didn't change out of my suit after church, so I had it on for gift opening. I got some gift cards. The next day I realized they were missing. I didn't find them again until Easter, when I put my suit back on. They were in the jacket pocket.

Husband's grandma passed away last March, and he, his youngest brother, and a few of his cousins were pallbearers. One of his cousins reached into his interior coat pocket right before the service, and pulled out the funeral program for his grandpa (the one husband and he didn't share) I believe he had passed away 18 months before.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

Check would have bounced anyway.

• Funny
Reactions: khardbored
Status
Not open for further replies.