End the Iowa Series?

• Yes

Votes: 189 38.9%
  • No

Votes: 297 61.1%

• Total voters

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
Don’t forget Iowa’s play by play guy being suspended for being racist towards other players WHILE ALSO insulting the players on his own team! Barta is a great administrator!!

Dolph isnt employed by Iowa and Barta isnt his boss.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
So no one was assaulted good to have that cleared up. Better let TwinsluvsHawks and Lengendhawk know.

• Agree
Reactions: GT25Ump

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I think that the new JTS renovations should include a memorial for the iowa band members who were murdered that fateful day.
Wouldn't we then also need a Cordell Pemsl memorial chair during the Hilton renovation? I mean, we're setting precedent here and all...

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Jeff/herkyfan we both know what happened, it was all covered up. Remember how you liked to talk about how Fred had an in with the Ames police, so none of his players were charged with noise violations, same thing here, just like it was with Fry for years.
My favorite one was when the Iowa basketball coach covered up rape by one of his players, attacked the girl, and then allowed the player to spend his year of being ineligible, redshirting, only to rape the girl again, and finally end up in prison. What was his name Pierre something. Or how your current coach signed a player that was convicted and serve time for armed robbery, was given a scholarship from Iowa, and then the kid made a pass at a coed of a large booster at a bar and was booted from the team before school had even started, and how Iowa fans claimed that since he was not actually in school yet, it did not matter.

I am telling ya, the U of I athletic department is just oozing integrity.

Jeff was also 100% certain that taxpayers would have to bail out poor ISU when they started the SEZ project. That was going to bankrupt ISU and the taxpayers would have to pick up the check. Good job on that one Reninga.

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Wouldn't we then also need a Cordell Pemsl memorial chair during the Hilton renovation? I mean, we're setting precedent here and all...

For sure. A chair with a plaque that says "Here lies Cordell Pemsl, who was brutally murdered by a mob of angry students".

ATCy

Jun 3, 2015
Does anyone other than isu fans know KF covered up a rape?

Yes, I knew nothing about it except it was all explained to me a couple years ago by my Iowa fan neighbor who is a 20+ year season ticket holder for fb and mbb. He spoke as it was common knowledge among Iowa fans but how some like to hoist Kirk up on a pedestal as being squeaky clean ignoring that whole situation.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Have you BEEN in Jack Trice?
A) there is plenty of room for the band to assemble ON THE SIDELINES.
B) in order to go out the NW gate from where they were seated in the SE corner, they had to cross the entire field.
C) Construction at the time was creating a log jam at that gate EVERY game, while traffic flowed freely out the NE gate and the E gate (the gate CLOSEST to the band).
D)The NE gate, where the Iowa team exited, and the NW gate, where the band jammed its way through the crowd, bracket the Jacobson building. The band buses were parked in front of the Jacobson building, making the difference in distance from the gates to the buses negligible.
E) While your band may find it necessary to "play a cadence" (aka, your fight song) in order to progress forward, that can be accomplished with your drum corps. A cadence does not require leading with the sousaphones swinging to the beat.
F) When the band DID come up to the log jam, instead of the people in front recognizing that the people walking were not moving as fast as they were, they chose to push their way through.

At every step, there were alternatives (including pre-set directions). At every step, Iowa representatives made the most disruptive choice possible.
TL; DR?
To put it simply, GFY...this has been rehashed and YOUR PEOPLE CAUSED THE BULK OF THE PROBLEM.

Hey Legend? You like apples?

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Dolph isnt employed by Iowa and Barta isnt his boss.

True, but Iowa has final say in who does broadcast their games and who does not, with Learfield. So while Dolph may work for Learfield, Iowa gets to decide the person that does their games.

Barta calls up Learfield, and tells them he is not satisfied with Dolph, and if something is not done, they will look around on the next contract. Happens everyday in the business world.

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
He isn’t just on the committee he was asked to be the Chairman. That is what people who actually matter think about Gary. But do carry on with the typical isu pettiness. At least you have something to take your mind off of the basketball season.

Gary was chosen for that position for 2 reasons: 1) longevity as an AD, 2) Iowa is not a contender for the CFP. He’s one of the longest tenured P5 ADs at a school outside the roughly 20 schools who have a legitimate chance at making the CFP.

Don’t be fooled, Gary Barta is a clown, as detailed by Iowa’s own media (link below). This article doesn’t mention Theftgate or Bandgate. Let’s sum it up this way — name another AD who has sent letters to the AD’s of his archrival’s conference opponents accusing the archrival of serious transgressions when his own school actually was to blame. Barta has done it twice. You may never see an AD who is a bigger delta bravo than Gary Barta in your lifetime.

https://www.goiowaawesome.com/iowa-hawkeyes-news/2018/11/3435/the-chronicles-of-barta

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron