This is why Prohm must go........

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
He became emblematic of the problems that season even if they were fall from his fault alone. He could be okay in 10-15 minute bursts.

He was just not a Big 12 starter or a long-range shooter, which Prohm tried to make him one and style him as one, with predictably deplorable results.

We could use *anybody* who makes shots this year, so if we had Jeff and he was making 16' shots instead of Jackson bricking threes, I am all for it.

He was just the new guy and did hilarious stuff like this --

879212266.jpg.0.jpg

...so it makes a funny meme.

I would absolutely much rather have his reliable mid-range jumper than Nixon's bricks from the 3 point line this season, no question about it.

Malone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2010
Des Moines
How nice would it be to have Jeff Beverly and his mid-range jumper this season?

I'm totally serious about that; I know some posters on here (and I'm not suggesting you are one) love to rip on him for whatever mean-spirited reasons they have, but I really thought he was a nice complimentary player for that one season.

It would not be great to have Jeff Beverly and his jumper this year because of all of the non-P5 things that came with Jeff Beverly and his jumper.

It'd also be nice to have Simeon Carter's infectious energy on the bench and Bowie's 2-3 good games in 30+ tries. Doesn't mean they're rosterable.

I am happy to admit I am not a Jeff Beverly fan because he was not a good basketball player and shouldn't have been recruited by this staff, which has an abysmal history of landing transfers.

dumb post is dumb

Last edited:

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
It would not be great to have Jeff Beverly and his jumper this year because of all of the non-P5 things that came with him and his jumper.

It'd also be nice to have Simeon Carter's infectious energy on the bench and Bowie's 2-3 good games in 30+ tries. Doesn't mean they're rosterable.

I am happy to admit I am not a Jeff Beverly fan because he was not a good basketball player and shouldn't have been recruited by this staff, which has an abysmal history of landing transfers.

dumb post is dumb

Karl Malone of all people should appreciate the memes.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
It would not be great to have Jeff Beverly and his jumper this year because of all of the non-P5 things that came with Jeff Beverly and his jumper.

dumb post is dumb

Really nice to see that you don't make these things at all personal.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Steve keeps going to this reasoning and it's really not helping his cause:

Randy Peterson
@RandyPete

Steve Prohm: If we just made half of the easy baskets we get, and cut out half the easy baskets or a third of the easy baskets we give up, we’d be playing a lot better.

How incredibly insightful Steve. I guess he's just hoping it'll all work itself out. Crazy how out of touch he is with his own team, I think he honestly believes he's putting his players in a position to succeed. Clearly the comments of a man who has no worry about his future here.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
If I ate half the pizza and 1/3rd of the donuts I do, my weight would be down at least 15 lbs.

Steve Prohm: If we just made half of the easy baskets we get, and cut out half the easy baskets or a third of the easy baskets we give up, we’d be playing a lot better.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
How incredibly insightful Steve. I guess he's just hoping it'll all work itself out. Crazy how out of touch he is with his own team, I think he honestly believes he's putting his players in a position to succeed. Clearly the comments of a man who has no worry about his future here.

2 million bucks a year for "if we start scoring more and they score less we will be right there."

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
You guys are applying even more motivated reasoning than normal if you think that is anything but ordinary coachspeak. Everybody says "we need to score more" and "we need to play better defense" in various ways, shapes, and forms.

Last edited:

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006

Randy Peterson
@RandyPete

He's actually not wrong. I just don't think he understands he controls the adjustments that make a good portion of that happen.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
How was it made personal? Your post was called dumb. Which, objectively, it was.

You know, your obsession with me and your weird need to try and bully me by attacking every single post I write on here is getting downright creepy.

I might have to get a restraining order against you at this point.

• Funny
Reactions: bthebutcher

bthebutcher

Sep 8, 2015
You know, your obsession with me and your weird need to try and bully me by attacking every single post I write on here is getting downright creepy.

I've responded to like 5 of your posts.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

I don't know the butcher but you get butt hurt when anyone disagrees with you. That's a you issue.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA

Randy Peterson
@RandyPete

"If we just quit losing so much, we'd win more."

Yup, the guy is John Wooden.