Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Eh, I'm fairly indifferent on him leaving. Ultimately, I didn't think he did bad with Doctor Strange, but at the same time, I thought he could have done better as well. I do like his movie, but in the end, its definitely in the lower quadrant of my MCU rankings. In fact, of the 3 movies (not counting Thor: Ragnarok) the character of Doctor Strange has appeared in, I've liked what they've done with his character least in his own solo film. I thought he was best in Infinity War. So, in the end, I'm not too heartbroken about him leaving, as I felt his stamp on the franchise was mostly just adequate enough. Lets see who they bring in now as the new director could take the character to higher heights than Derrickson ever would have.

I liked Doctor Strange, but as a movie it was really paint by numbers. He didn't really put his stamp on it.

• Agree
Reactions: burn587

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
So is everyone pretty meh on New Mutants? The hold up on this mixed with the trailer seems like they should have just put it on Disney +

A lot of projects at Fox were put in limbo. The Fox acquisition and DreamWorks acquisition were complete opposite. The DW content got accelerated and amplified after Uni bought them.

• Funny
Reactions: Triggermv

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
Any else find it interesting that Sony looks to be tying this new Morbius film into the MCU given Disney’s previous announcement of a Blade reboot??

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
So with Vulture in it, these Sony films are definitely getting rolled into the MCU.

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
So 2020...

Black Widow - May 1st
Morbius - July 31
Falcon and the Winter Soldier - August
Externals - November 6th
Wandavision - December?

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Here is a "Special Look" but really a new trailer for Black Widow. @Triggermv you will probably want to avoid as it shows a lot of action scenes, especially Taskmaster showing off some familiar moves

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Sam Raimi is in talks to direct Doctor Strange 2. I don't know where you all stand, but I am a huge fan of this. I don't think he is going to make the best MCU entry, but Raimi and Doctor Strange are a perfect match. It's time to get Bruce Campbell into the MCU!

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/doctor-strange-2-sam-raimi-1203475309/

Yeah, I'm not 100% sure what to think either. Part of me likes it while part of me is unsure. As for a match of what franchise for him to direct, I feel it is a good match.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
  • Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I recently watched the Tobey Macguire Spider-Man and dude is it cheesy. Honestly don’t know about this.

Yes, I agree to some extent. However, I recognize that back then was a completely different era and what is cheesy now was fairly cutting edge at the time. I'm also going to assume that just like time has evolved since then, so too has Raimi. I could be wrong, but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: harimad and bos

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/bird...eed-richards-in-fantastic-four-reboot-a173118

John Krasinski says he would be down for playing Reed Richards if he was asked to. This is sweet to hear as he is my #1 choice for the role with his wife Emily Blunt playing Sue Storm. Sign them up!!!!!! Also, I don't care what anyone thinks of him, I want Zac Efron for Johnny Storm. I think the dude is a great actor and would be great in the role.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/bird...eed-richards-in-fantastic-four-reboot-a173118

John Krasinski says he would be down for playing Reed Richards if he was asked to. This is sweet to hear as he is my #1 choice for the role with his wife Emily Blunt playing Sue Storm. Sign them up!!!!!! Also, I don't care what anyone thinks of him, I want Zac Efron for Johnny Storm. I think the dude is a great actor and would be great in the role.

I'm convinced the FF can't be done.

Surprise me.

Last edited: