Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

Jan 28, 2020
Proof is in the pudding, pal. Smaller numbers (6) trump higher numbers (10) in this game. Iowa State didn't have the luxury of playing a mid-major in the madness last year. Give it up.

So isu was over-rated and OSU proved it on the court. That’s right isu fans don’t care about the post season. Same with football.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
So isu was over-rated and OSU proved it on the court. That’s right isu fans don’t care about the post season. Same with football.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if they tried to claim the Big12 tournament is more important than the NCAA Tournament.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
LOL, they won the exact same amount of games, and both had .500 conference records. I'll take playing on the weekend of the NCAA Tournament all day every day.

You probably think Auburn is better this year than Louisville, Kansas, Duke, etc

Jan 28, 2020
It wouldn't surprise me at all if they tried to claim the Big12 tournament is more important than the NCAA Tournament.

Only if they win the Big 12 tournament when they don it doesn’t count either. That is the beauty of clone fans, what they say is important and what really matters today always changes and they move the goalposts and then claim victory. If we wait long enough they will be crowing about being within two of FAMU at some point.

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
Correct on Iowa being seeded 37th.
A play in team was seeded 42nd.

Not too much of a stretch for Iowa to be in the play in game.

I have bolded the parts that will help explain this.

*cough* Iowa was a prayer at Rutgers from missing the tournament *cough*

Iowa was seeded 37th overall last year in the tourney. St. Johns was the last at large team in the field and seeded 47th. You think a one possession loss at Rutgers would have dropped us 11 spots to being out of the tournament?

If you want to be obtuse and not consider the First Four games as part of the tournament then just say it.

• Funny
Reactions: CyTwins

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
You probably think Auburn is better this year than Louisville, Kansas, Duke, etc

LOL, how can I know who had the better season until it is over. Let me guess, you will claim a number #1 seed had a better season than a # 5 seed, even if the #5 seed wins a National title and the #1 seed gets bounced in the first round.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Only if they win the Big 12 tournament when they don it doesn’t count either. That is the beauty of clone fans, what they say is important and what really matters today always changes and they move the goalposts and then claim victory. If we wait long enough they will be crowing about being within two of FAMU at some point.
tenor.gif

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
LOL, how can I know who had the better season until it is over. Let me guess, you will claim a number #1 seed had a better season than a # 5 seed, even if the #5 seed wins a National title and the #1 seed gets bounced in the first round.

If the #1 seed loses in the first round and the #5 seed loses in the second round than yes I would absolutely say the #1 seed was better

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
If the #1 seed loses in the first round and the #5 seed loses in the second round than yes I would absolutely say the #1 seed was better

Copy, so your opinion is the better seed always has a better season than the lower seed. Gotta say I disagree strongly with that.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Copy, so your opinion is the better seed always has a better season than the lower seed. Gotta say I disagree strongly with that.

Every metric said Iowa State was better last year at the end of the season but you seem to be very happy losing in the second round so you do you

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Every metric said Iowa State was better last year at the end of the season but you seem to be very happy losing in the second round so you do you

Says the guy who was claiming ISU was better at football with a 7-5 record while Iowa had a 9-3 record. LOL.

• Winner
Reactions: dexterhawk

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
LOL, they won the exact same amount of games, and both had .500 conference records. I'll take playing on the weekend of the NCAA Tournament all day every day.
especially as elusive that has been for the Hawks. I didn't realize until @TwinsLuvsHawks came on here did I realize that the last time you guys have seen a Sweet 16 weekend was 1987. I understand telling yourself you were one point away from the S16 is a comfort for you guys.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
especially as elusive that has been for the Hawks. I didn't realize until @TwinsLuvsHawks came on here did I realize that the last time you guys have seen a Sweet 16 weekend was 1987. I understand telling yourself you were one point away from the S16 is a comfort for you guys.

Who said losing was a "comfort"? It was fun playing on the weekend, it sucked that we lost, especially when you are that close to winning.