NBA: ***NBA 2019-2020 Season***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
The Heat get Iguodala for Justice Winslow. Who knows what else is being moved back and forth. There’s also rumors about them getting Gallinari, which would give them an fascinating Big 3 in Butler, Adebayo, and Gallinari, who I think is underrated.

The Grizzlies are going to be a lot of fun to watch once Winslow returns from a low back injury. It feels like he's been in the league for a long time, but he's still only 23 years old. Him, Ja Morant, and Jaren Jackson make up a good young core to build around.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines

Some badly needed outside shooting for the Sixers. They'll have to create two roster spots for Burks and Robinson since they were already at the 15 player roster limit, so I wonder if they'll try to move a rotation guy for a second rounder or something.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Some badly needed outside shooting for the Sixers. They'll have to create two roster spots for Burks and Robinson since they were already at the 15 player roster limit, so I wonder if they'll try to move a rotation guy for a second rounder or something.

Zhaire Smith anyone?

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Yeah, I think it's a 15 man roster and then two two-way guys in addition to that.

So then Smith is definitely an option. From what I've been reading and hearing the Sixers aren't willing to part with Thybulle although multiple teams have asked. He's already a defensive menace, and if he can ever develop a credible jumper he'll be an outstanding 3 and D guy for them. Thybulle and Brandon Clarke were two of my favorite guys in the last draft class. Happy to see them both doing so well in their rookie seasons.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
So then Smith is definitely an option. From what I've been reading and hearing the Sixers aren't willing to part with Thybulle although multiple teams have asked. He's already a defensive menace, and if he can ever develop a credible jumper he'll be an outstanding 3 and D guy for them. Thybulle and Brandon Clarke were two of my favorite guys in the last draft class. Happy to see them both doing so well in their rookie seasons.

Yeah, I think Thybulle makes Smith expendable. Judging by Philly fans reactions to the rising stars rosters they’d probably riot if they traded Matisse. Although who really wants to see a heavily defense first player in the rising stars game.

• Agree

Blackhawk6515

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 21, 2008
Great trade for the Wolves. You have to keep Towns happy and they just did that by bringing in his friend Russell. And you get rid of Wiggins terrible contract.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
now maybe the Twolves can win a single game in February.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Yeah, I think Thybulle makes Smith expendable. Judging by Philly fans reactions to the rising stars rosters they’d probably riot if they traded Matisse. Although who really wants to see a heavily defense first player in the rising stars game.

Philly fans are weird. He's good but severely offensively challenged right now. I do like his upside quite a bit, though.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Rosas should be in the Executive of the Year discussion just for unloading Wiggins. That he got a potential longterm running mate for KAT in the process is just gravy.

And who knows, maybe with a fresh start Wiggins can become something closer to the player everyone thought he'd be coming out of Kansas. It sure as hell wasn't ever going to happen for him in Minnesota.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Wolves front office has to be partying right now. Thought they came out of that with a great deal.

I don't love Deangelo Russell, but the fact that KAT wanted him and they got him definitely counts for something. And unloading Wiggins is a win in and of itself.

• Agree
Reactions: CyJack13

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Wowwwwww...looks like Golden State lowered their demands a bit depending on what the protection is on that 2021 pick.

Top three protected, Golden St was the team pushing for 2021 picks instead of 2020. Still seems like they could have done better. I’m looking forward to Draymond getting to deal with Wiggins.

• Agree

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Top three protected, Golden St was the team pushing for 2021 picks instead of 2020. Still seems like they could have done better. I’m looking forward to Draymond getting to deal with Wiggins.

Maybe they think they can get him turned around with a fresh start. If you squint a little you can see Wiggins eventually working in the Iguodala role in whatever revamped Lineup of Death they roll out next season when everyone is healthy again. But that's the problem with him - his whole career he's been an "if you squint a little, you can see him as..." type of player. Based on his athletic gifts alone he could be a beast on the boards and/or a lockdown wing defender and a terror filling a lane or wing on the break. But he's just none of those things. Not that the Wolves care anymore; he's Golden State's puzzle to figure out now.