Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
Ok, let’s throw more background into this. The guy is kinda a neighbor, we were acquaintances before I started this. He gets paid a little slower and I know they are continually hand to mouth on things. He gets paid generally 1-3 months out on his invoices. I have a good chunk from the month of September that I’m waiting on. I took harvest off so there is a gap for those months I understand. He wants extra workers but I’m positive anybody else would have quit now. I have slowed to a crawl in my work where what I used to to in 2 days I dabble for a week or so on.

I started this (I’m required to apprentice for about three years at my rate) to avoid cutting into a lot of cash for when the kids are at school. If I can earn 10k until my second kid hits college, amp it up to 20k for a year and the. Back down to 12-15k after that I would be very happy. Just hard to work when you get zero back.

I don't know whom you're working for, but I know of a company that is not able to pay an invoice for 65-75 days after the invoice is submitted. This is often delayed by the person not getting the invoice submitted on time or correctly. It's just their policy. :(

Could you ask him if he could ask the payor to be pay him sooner?

Last edited:

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
What is everyone's opinion on Total Recall? Was it real or just his implanted adventure?

Just curious what others think.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I don't know whom you're working for, but I know of a company that is not able to pay an invoice for 65-75 days after the invoice is submitted. This is often delayed by the person not getting the invoice submitted on time or correctly. It's just their policy. :(

Could you ask him if he could ask the payor to be pay him sooner?

He made a boo boo a couple times I found out that he was paying me 2-3 months after he was getting paid on a couple of occasions. Pretty sure he is just low on cash and knows that I can survive with delayed pay. I think I’m probably the only person that wouldn’t have quit on him by now. I just want to get my certification so I can buy out the business later and give it to one of my kids for a decent job. Probably main reason why I keep grinding away.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
It's pretty simple and slick enough when you know what to do.
It just takes a lot of searching for the answers, because they aren't forthcoming, and a lot of unnecessary steps.

In short, Blackboard was a lot more efficient, but Canvas looks better.
Are you sure you’re not talking about workday?

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Was flipping through the Friend Suggestions on FB, and saw a pic of someone I knew from grade school/HS with his family. First thought was "Geez. He hasn't changed." It was quickly followed up by "Wait, is that [Name]?...they got married?" I didn't even know the two were an item...even a possible item...when we were in HS. (And they may not have been one back then)

Small representation of the moment I had there.
d66f08n-8d76266b-7781-469e-8df6-df654d944444.gif

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Son just saw one of his old teammates just signed as a walk on at Iowa. Iowa coaches must have been doing some massive drugs to even let him walk on, son said he was so bad at the position he will be playing that my son was forced to change the defense when it was signaled in to mask his deficiencies.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Tomorrow tomorrow? Or tomorrow today? Was after midnight when you posted. No envy from me BTW, just sympathy and a wish for sleep for you.

It was today, just got back home now full road day and customer interactions then a a board meeting that I'm on from 6-830 then a drive home (About an hour from home, the things you do to be an involved in groups you back)

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
The vixen bought a new printer - went to install it, and of course it's not compatible with Windows 7 (our CPU is pretty old). So she buys Windows 10 online and tries to install that.....and the computer tells her it ain't working so good. :mad:

Now she's pissed, and it's nearly 10PM - past my bedtime. I crawl into bed, half wanting to stay and support her (she doesn't want or need help, thank you very much) and half not wanting to sit and listen to the invective.

IDK when she came to bed. I leave for work about 6AM - before she gets up - so I also don't know if she was successful or not. I guess I'll hear about it at lunchtime.

Cross your fingers. :confused:

I've got a guy that does that he's affordable and fair. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.