America
giphy.gif

Reactions: BoxsterCy

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
"What's holding him back? Arm strength."

Bingo! Dude throws off his back foot way too much. He's not Patrick Mahomes. Going to have to step into it in the NFL, where every DB is better than the best DB you've ever faced in college.

Talented? Yes. First rounder? Doubt it. Late pick and great career back-up? Absolutely.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
I still think he'll be a steal in the middle rounds - 3, 4 or 5 - after playing his senior season here. I just don't think he is the physical specimen people need to see in a 1st round QB. But he's going to be talented enough to make a 53 man roster somewhere as he continues to learn the game.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Lol

Unfortunately for Purdy, he toils away in obscurity in Ames.

Personally, I don't see him going to the NFL until after his senior year. Which is perfectly okay with me.

That sentence pretty much invalidates the source as having a clue about drafting and the NFL evaluation process.

It isn't 1988. If you can play the scouts will find you no matter what level or where you play. And the fact that he is playing in a power conference and will have 2.5 years of starting and pretty significant name recognition makes that statement even more idiotic.

And no, Lazard does not provide support for the ISU is undervalued in the draft argument. His weakness (quickness in and out of breaks) was the absolute "must have" in receiver prospects. In a league where something like 35% of the roster spots are undrafted guys, Lazard is doing well, but performing about where you'd expect a late round or good undrafted guy to. I think he'll show he was a bit undervalued, but it's a lot more about having a skillset that was out of fashion vs. where he played.

• Winner
Reactions: isutrevman

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
"What's holding him back? Arm strength."

Bingo! Dude throws off his back foot way too much. He's not Patrick Mahomes. Going to have to step into it in the NFL, where every DB is better than the best DB you've ever faced in college.

Talented? Yes. First rounder? Doubt it. Late pick and great career back-up? Absolutely.

This. His issue won't be from "toiling away in obscurity". He has gotten a ton of PR playing well in a quarterbacks league.

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm and Lineup

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron