Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
So....I totally didn't watch the game or half time. Aside from the pole and outfits was it really as scandalous as FB is trying to make it?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Laptop needed to update so I let it while I was at lunch. 75 minutes later it was 25% done. Got mad and stopped it by turning it off. Now it wants to undo everything. I think it caught a virus.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Laptop needed to update so I let it while I was at lunch. 75 minutes later it was 25% done. Got mad and stopped it by turning it off. Now it wants to undo everything. I think it caught a virus.

Doesn't the computer warn you not to do that when it's updating? You did this to yourself and now the computer is paying the price.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
don't really want to start a whole thread for this but we have a CD that comes up in a few days. We don't the need the $$ right now so what is the best thing to do with it to sit kinda safely somewhere? Is that what a mutual fund is? IDK what that is really or how it differs from our IRAs. We could just roll it over into another CD as well but was trying to see what the options are.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
To prepare myself for the Corona virus I watched the first half of Contagion before the Super Bowl Sunday. I had never seen it.

Pretty sure I am never coming back from Mexico. Figure the worldwide international flight ban will be put into full force about the time I am supposed to fly back. Rooms will probably be cheap though, all of the incoming flights will be cancelled to. And I'll have internet access to download books and transfer money to my new Mexican bank.

• Friendly
Reactions: cyrevkah

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
The vixen says, "Boy, she's got a big butt!" I said where have you been?

The ending shot of the performance where Shakira and JLo are standing back to back, looking at the camera, I said "Huh. Shakira's butt is actually a bit flat." But I reconsidered and said "Well, she is standing right next to JLo." It would be like me standing next to Anna Prins and saying I'm short.:D

@ImJustKCClone husband said the exact same thing about halftime...meh.

IMO, no absolute duds for commercials. None where I thought "They spent millions of dollars for that?!?"

• Agree
Reactions: SCyclone

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
don't really want to start a whole thread for this but we have a CD that comes up in a few days. We don't the need the $$ right now so what is the best thing to do with it to sit kinda safely somewhere? Is that what a mutual fund is? IDK what that is really or how it differs from our IRAs. We could just roll it over into another CD as well but was trying to see what the options are.

Meh. CDs are worthless these days so I would just put it in a mutual fund.

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Pretty sure I am never coming back from Mexico. Figure the worldwide international flight ban will be put into full force about the time I am supposed to fly back. Rooms will probably be cheap though, all of the incoming flights will be cancelled to. And I'll have internet access to download books and transfer money to my new Mexican bank.
Take heart, the wall isn't complete so I'm sure you can get a coyote to get you back. ;)

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Doesn't the computer warn you not to do that when it's updating? You did this to yourself and now the computer is paying the price.

Yes it did but all the other updates took 10-15 minutes. I set it up for lunch break and was gone for over an hour and it was 25%. I needed to work so I didn’t want to wait another 3-4 hours to get back at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.