This is why Prohm must go........

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
i have about 17 different prohm criticisms, but I think it all really boils down to one thing: we're soft.

soft at D, soft at rebounding, soft with screens, soft with cuts, etc.

dubar, and blackwell, and foster might be stud athletes with size, but when you can't defend or rebound, it just doesn't matter. you're not going to win, no matter who you play.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
^This. All of the posting and speculating about how the parquet level folks are going to bail is seemingly just trash talking by folks who aren't in the parquet or even ticket holders at all for that matter. I only know one parquet level MBB poster here and he ain't bailing for one bad or two bad years. Peeps didn't bail when the largest portion of their ticket cost, the donation, was no longer deductible like it was.
Right, I don't think it's a matter of parquet people and donors bailing, but it doesn't have to be for the math to change in terms of buyout. For example losing 1000 single game tix at $30 per over all home games that's $500k lost. Like I said I doubt there's a change, but lack of excitement costs real $.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
There is always a stiff competition to fill the "dog house" role. ;)

Was there anything in the 2016-17 season?

I know Solo took forever to be inserted into the starting lineup although he had a broken hand that set him back. It was still very clear that someone serviceable was needed and CSP spoke in hindsight again.

• Optimistic
Reactions: aklineisu

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
When they do away with the sit year for transfers, like the big ten is talking, a coaching change will be a bigger disaster. All your players could transfer easily and if they are good many people will want them. You could lose your whole team and recruits. Just think if Conditt was pissed for not playing in the second half, maybe he would go play somewhere else next year. Imagine being a coach, how do you discipline? Make a kid mad and he can just leave. I think the rich will just get richer in this scenario

Better can him before that rule changes

But it works both ways. That would also make it easier and faster for a new coach to rebuild a roster.

• Agree
Reactions: isucy86

CyclonesRock

Jan 1, 2018
Iowa
So ******* what? Are you too stupid to understand Baylor was in the dumps when Drew took over and Iowa State was at its peak when Prohm took over?
This is not directed at awd4cy, it is just the post that I responded to...
To all of the mind readers on this site, stop putting words into peoples mouths/posts.
I merely posted stats from Drew's first 5 years, you can draw (jump to) your own conclusions.
There are too many on this site that immediately attack anyone that does not regurgitate what the more frequent posters on here feel. If you want to attack people go to the cave where belittling someone who disagrees with you earns you immediate praise.
I, for one, like when others offer information or opinions that I have not looked at or considered. One of the reasons I come to this site is to see/hear different things, the normal "media" all repeat the same few talking points/details as they are not nearly as engaged as the fan base.
I'm sure I will get blasted for this post as well, but I believe that says more about those degrading others than it does about me. :)

bthebutcher

Sep 8, 2015
To all of the mind readers on this site, stop putting words into peoples mouths/posts.
I merely posted stats from Drew's first 5 years, you can draw (jump to) your own conclusions.
There are too many on this site that immediately attack anyone that does not regurgitate what the more frequent posters on here feel. If you want to attack people go to the cave where belittling someone who disagrees with you earns you immediate praise.
I, for one, like when others offer information or opinions that I have not looked at or considered. One of the reasons I come to this site is to see/hear different things, the normal "media" all repeat the same few talking points/details as they are not nearly as engaged as the fan base.
I'm sure I will get blasted for this post as well, but I believe that says more about those degrading others than it does about me. :)
What was your intention with posting those stats?

• Winner
Reactions: rochclone

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

So in posting Drew's first five years' records, do you think that is worth bringing up and comparing to Prohm's first five?

Otherwise why would you post that since it might be the absolute worst example?

Should we compare SMU's first five seasons post-death penalty to CMC's while we're at it?

• Funny
Reactions: Cyfanisu

brycy

Apr 11, 2006
But it works both ways. That would also make it easier and faster for a new coach to rebuild a roster.
Would you try to hire a coach away with good players that can follow him? Seems like a very slippery slope. I think the rich just get richer.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
i have about 17 different prohm criticisms, but I think it all really boils down to one thing: we're soft.

soft at D, soft at rebounding, soft with screens, soft with cuts, etc.

dubar, and blackwell, and foster might be stud athletes with size, but when you can't defend or rebound, it just doesn't matter. you're not going to win, no matter who you play.

Can't defend and can't rebound is a pretty big rock to push up the hill.

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006

Don't disagree but there is an exception...great offense makes up for those two.

Prohm's predecessor's (he who shall not be named) teams weren't great at defense or rebounding but they were above average offensively and that won them games they probably should've lost. Now, when they weren't on their offensive game they had some bad losses.

If this team had the offense of some of those teams they'd probably only have 3 or 4 losses. They're offense is just so bad it can't make up for their shoddy defense and rebounding.

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: CyBobby and socalcy

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Bolton is one of maybe 2 players on this team that is actually good. Just stop.

Agree. People bashing Bolton are misguided. He's the 2nd best player on the team, and about the only guy who can create his own shot. When he gets a little older/stronger he will finish more consistently. Yes, he's had some rough games like 4-13, but he has also been really good in other games.

Besides, imagine this team WITHOUT Bolton's ability to drive the basket. Good lord, you could guard ISU with 4 guys and let your 5th guy basket hang on the other end and score 150 ppg.

spitfyr36

Dec 19, 2011
Was there anything in the 2016-17 season?

I know Solo took forever to be inserted into the starting lineup although he had a broken hand that set him back. It was still very clear that someone serviceable was needed and CSP spoke in hindsight again.

16/17 he only had 5 healthy players so he wasnt able to hold anyone out.
15/16 it was Cooke

Reactions: Rjhawk

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Don't disagree but there is an exception...great offense makes up for those two.

Prohm's predecessor's (he who shall not be named) teams weren't great at defense or rebounding but they were above average offensively and that won them games they probably should've lost. Now, when they weren't on their offensive game they had some bad losses.

If this team had the offense of some of those teams they'd probably only have 3 or 4 losses. They're offense is just so bad it can't make up for their shoddy defense and rebounding.

Making shots also allows you set up on defense, we're horrible in transition, it seems like teams always get wide open 3's after we miss or turn the ball over. It wouldn't make this a great defensive team but it would help.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
I said before the year started Prohm was the best out of a bad list of candidates when Fred left...

I take that back. I'd rather have my choice at the time and have Underwood.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
I don't know how he can come back from this. You cannot lose the games this team has lost and keep the fan base or expect him to come better. You cannot under achieve in the good years and just suck in the bad years. You cannot struggle to develop players. You cannot continue to not have answers for your teams struggles. You cannot go into Feb year in year out ******* with the lineup and playing time. You cannot have the amount of pros he has had and fall so flat in the Tourny. You cannot preach your team is going to be tough and play good D and suck at both.

I have always gave CSP the benefit of the doubt and not part of the fire CSP from day one. I always feel it is best to stand behind your coach and support him. But at some point you have to realize this isn't working.