*** Official IOWA STATE Vs Texas Game(Day) Thread ***

Jammin’

Jul 18, 2009
Ames-Mia-Atx
This was peek lhn

Honestly, I thought the same thoughts watching the UT staff from about 20 rows or so behind their bench. It really did look like Shaka and his staff knew the last 6 minutes were of huge significance to their UT careers or outlook.

They were really really really upping their coaching intensity or at least trying to the last 6 minutes.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Honestly, I thought the same thoughts watching the UT staff from about 20 rows or so behind their bench. It really did look like Shaka and his staff knew the last 6 minutes were of huge significance to their UT careers or outlook.

They were really really really upping their coaching intensity or at least trying to the last 6 minutes.
Afraid to ask what our "coach" was doing at that time. chap stick?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

I wonder if they knew that ISU would have a hard time closing out the game.

Reactions: ISUKyro

hoosman

Sep 4, 2006
Davenport
Seems like we ran out of gas due to lack of substitutions. Lewis and Grill no minutes. Condit 5 minutes . Basically 7 guys with 2 guys playing all 40 minutes. No wonder Texas scored 11 straight to put us away at the end.

Cyhart

Aug 15, 2009
Des Moines
I don't blame this loss on Prohm. However when you are 9-11 and now 9-12 you don't really get the benefit of the doubt.

Fans need to be realistic and understand Prohm isn't going to get fired after this year. The tourney last year and Pollard's stubbornness will give Prohm next year.

Of course Prohm will get next year. Pollard loves him. This is what people dont seem to understand. If he goes 4-14 in conference next season and misses the NIT once again he will still be back the following season! I would be willing to bet good money the next 3 seasons after this one are guaranteed even if we make no post season whatsoever.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Of course Prohm will get next year. Pollard loves him. This is what people dont seem to understand. If he goes 4-14 in conference next season and misses the NIT once again he will still be back the following season! I would be willing to bet good money the next 3 seasons after this one are guaranteed even if we make no post season whatsoever.

Pollard loved DMac too but it became clear the course of action. I think Pollard is pretty good about giving his employees the appropriate opportunities (for JP) to prove their worth or not. Morgan comes to mind...

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Isn't it odd that with about 8 minutes to go the referees stopped calling any fouls on Texas? :confused: I think at the time we only had 2 fouls on us. There was plenty of contact those last 8 minutes but apparently ISU was the only one capable of fouling, even though we had the lead. This FACT is very frustrating since we played well enough to win today. IMO

That is "Life on the Road" my friend...esp Homer Referees

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018

Prohm will get next season to see if he can turn it around and he should, for what he has done. But next season will be a lot like Smart from Texas this season, lot of pressure to make the tournament. or be canned at the end of 20/21 season. The announcers talked about it yesterday regarding Smart, ISU could be doing the same thing with Prohm next year.

What we do not want is to get into is a situation where we are winning enough to save his job, but not enough to make the tournament. Critical year for Prohm next year to say the least.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
I watched the game on LHN. Solid effort overall. No issue with that. Bummer that ISU lost it at the end. Giving up open 3s like they did will do that to a team. Bad defense, bad luck, whatever - stuff like that happens. Love it when it happens in the favor of the Cyclones and dislike it when it goes against them. Just too much Erwin Magic, I suppose.

• Friendly
Reactions: CyclonesRock

Cyfanisu

Mar 31, 2019
How many of the top college players are playing all 40 minutes each game, every game? Will TH have anything left by the end of the season? Is it starting to show now at the end of games? Give the man a break now and then, he is not Superman.
Monte Morris also played practicall
god I hope you’re wrong

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Seems like we ran out of gas due to lack of substitutions. Lewis and Grill no minutes. Condit 5 minutes . Basically 7 guys with 2 guys playing all 40 minutes. No wonder Texas scored 11 straight to put us away at the end.
That and they aren’t good on defense and they don’t have a go to guy on offense that can close games.

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

Help Support Us

Become a patron