This is why Prohm must go........

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
This team makes so many dumb mistakes at crucial moments of the game that well coached teams simply don't make. It ended up not effecting the score, but instead of holding the ball for a couple seconds to get below 30 and ensure we had final shot of the 1st half, we hurried to throw the ball in and gave Texas another possession. This has happened in multiple games so I think its safe to assume it's not being coached. Niang use to "slip" and kick the ball across the court to run the clock down for final possession.

That's been the story all season. The basketball IQ of the majority of this team is well below average and it shows in all aspects of the game.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
He really needs to quit "rolling" with Jacobson and let the youngsters cut their teeth at this point!

Agree. Should Conditt start at this point? No. But neither should MJ. Solo has his weaknesses, but he is the most reliable of the 3. He should start. Conditt should come in for a shot of team energy: block a shot, pick up a dumb foul or 2, dunk a lob from TH, miss a defensive rotation. Then back to the bench.

MJ should be getting Nixon minutes, ie single digits.

We used to make fun of Francis for his 12 man rotation insanity. Is what CSP doing worse? It's like he is using a cootie catcher with guys' names on it..

jpete24

Wearing nut cup since 2002
SuperFanatic
Mar 25, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Prohm will get another year, and he shouldn’t. The question really is now, how much damage can he do with another year? I doubt he puts together a tournament team next year.

• Creative
Reactions: Macloney

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Scott Drew's first 5 years at Baylor...
View attachment 70009

Baylor’s players were literally murdering each other and the coach was trying to cover for them. Are you really comparing that to a coach who inherited a Top 10 team coming off the best 5 years in school history??

CyState85

May 8, 2019
I would argue that Prohm has underperformed each year he has been here and I’m actually one of the few CSP supporters. His first team had 6 NBA players (Burton, Long, Nader, Niang, Morris, and Thomas) with McKay. NWB and Lard were redshirts—-that is a stacked roster!

Team went 23-12, lost in the 1st round of the Big 12 tourney and had to beat a 13 and 12 seed to make the Sweet 16. The Sweet 16 was great, don’t get me wrong, but any team could have sleepwalked to the Sweet 16 against those opponents.

Last year felt similar to the year I mentioned above. Great to win the Big 12 Tourney but dramatically underperformed with the roster we had.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I agree that financially it makes sense to take the money but some of these guys aren't in it for the $. I believe Tyrese would most likely leave, and would be surprised if he didn't, BUT I would not say he's 100% ready to leave Iowa State yet and is fully set on leaving this year.

I’m extremely happy where I work. I never think about going anywhere else. But if someone wanted to pay me a million dollars I certainly would.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Pollard asking for financial support for anything basketball related has to be met with at least some trepidation at this point if he lets Prohm stay on...doesn't it???

GoCubsGo

Jul 22, 2008
Obviously, Steve Prohm will be the coach of Iowa State in 2021 and maybe even 2022, but I’ve seen this movie before. Scott Drew’s awkward post-game defense of Prohm on Wednesday sealed it for me. When your opponents start lobbying for you to keep your job, you are in trouble.

Yep, all the opposing coaches loved to mention what a great coach McDermott was during his time at ISU. Wonder why they wanted him to stay as long as possible?

• Winner
Reactions: CyBobby and ISUKyro