Penn State vs Iowa Dual

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
When RBY threw that first cradle on him (it was a hell of a move), it's like DeSanto just melted.

I don’t know. I agree he was stuck, but it looked to me like his knee gave out pretty abruptly there. So I think there is at least a sprain of that knee.

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
I don’t know. I agree he was stuck, but it looked to me like his knee gave out pretty abruptly there. So I think there is at least a sprain of that knee.
I don't doubt that, but see what Tom Brands said (roughly at 5:00+ on the video above): if we could have calmed him down, he might have got back in the match.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Concerning Desanto, I was surprised that the match got stopped twice with RBY having a cradle almost locked up and Desanto was going to his back. I understand he screamed out, but it saved his butt. I didn't think anything was potentially dangerous concerning the knee.

Also listening to Tom Brands say that Desanto has never dealt with an injury before and probably could have continued is interesting.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Crazy to think if Cassar isn't hurt Penn State wins again in Carver

Think about if Iowa had rolled Eierman out there. Happel is light years behind Murin, and Eierman is far better than Murin (IMO).

With all the much deserved attention being given to 133, 165 and 174, I also thought 184 was a great match. Brooks is a stud, but so is Assad. That could be a great budding rivalry.

If I’m an Iowa fan, I’d be a little disappointed with 149 and 157. Yeah, they got wins there, but I think they probably should have expected a few more points at those weights.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Concerning Desanto, I was surprised that the match got stopped twice with RBY having a cradle almost locked up and Desanto was going to his back. I understand he screamed out, but it saved his butt. I didn't think anything was potentially dangerous concerning the knee.

Also listening to Tom Brands say that Desanto has never dealt with an injury before and probably could have continued is interesting.

Was reading on Hawk Report and it was mentioned how RBY grabbed the toe and pulled it out and that is illegal. If true, okay, but I have seen knees that appear to be at a lot worse positions than anything RBY put on Desanto.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Was reading on Hawk Report and it was mentioned how RBY grabbed the toe and pulled it out and that is illegal. If true, okay, but I have seen knees that appear to be at a lot worse positions than anything RBY put on Desanto.

There was nothing illegal or "dirty" with what RBY did

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Is Reader an assistant or still associated with PSU wrestling? Wasn’t he at one point?

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Think about if Iowa had rolled Eierman out there. Happel is light years behind Murin, and Eierman is far better than Murin (IMO).

With all the much deserved attention being given to 133, 165 and 174, I also thought 184 was a great match. Brooks is a stud, but so is Assad. That could be a great budding rivalry.

If I’m an Iowa fan, I’d be a little disappointed with 149 and 157. Yeah, they got wins there, but I think they probably should have expected a few more points at those weights.

Agree.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Is Desanto going to wrestle today or is he still too soft (according to Brands) to go?