NBA: **Cyclones in the NBA and G-League, 2019-2020

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
Got to hotel in Milwaukee at 5:00 AM after a tough game in Utah and proceeded to beat the team with best record in NBA!
I'm a little concerned with how well Dozier is playing and if he'll eat into Monte's minutes when Nuggets are back to full strength. He seems a little more scoring minded. A lot of fans loving him and Malone has been giving praise.
But at the end of the game, Monte' is in.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
Got to hotel in Milwaukee at 5:00 AM after a tough game in Utah and proceeded to beat the team with best record in NBA!
I'm a little concerned with how well Dozier is playing and if he'll eat into Monte's minutes when Nuggets are back to full strength. He seems a little more scoring minded. A lot of fans loving him and Malone has been giving praise.
But at the end of the game, Monte' is in.

Dozier definitely looks solid. It'll be interesting to see if the nuggets make any moves. Monte seems to get lost with the starters since Jokic is the facilitator and looks for cutters (which Monte is not).

Ultimately I think it will be good for Monte since he will be pushed by Dozier.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Tough night for Georges, loved seeing him play though. Missed all 5 threes when the game was in limbo, got a few garbage time baskets. Was on Carmelo a lot, and came out to double team a smoking hot Damian Lillard.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Tough night for Georges, loved seeing him play though. Missed all 5 threes when the game was in limbo, got a few garbage time baskets. Was on Carmelo a lot, and came out to double team a smoking hot Damian Lillard.

Glad you got to see him play. Lillard went for 51 friggin points - wow - and the Jazz lost their 4th straight. They're sort of betting on production from Georges and so I don't like this losing streak. He ended 0-5 from 3pt and 3-10 FG with 6 points. Hopefully, that team gets back on track soon.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
The Nuggets are down 3 to the Pistons at halftime but Monte - who again started - had a big stats line in the 1st half: 11 PTS, 5-7 FG, 6 AST and 0 TO.

That game is in Detroit so he probably has a big cheering section there.

Last edited:

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Check out this finish for Monte in his home state, humiliating the traveling man himself from KU, Svi M:

#MileHighBasketball</a> <a href="https://t.co/B5ZsF86Xjv">pic.twitter.com/B5ZsF86Xjv</a></p>&mdash; Denver Nuggets (@nuggets) <a href="">February 2, 2020</a></blockquote>

Drummond is so bad defensively sometimes. Remember when the UCONN fans thought he could defend Royce. LOL

• Agree
Reactions: I-stateTheTruth

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Glad you got to see him play. Lillard went for 51 friggin points - wow - and the Jazz lost their 4th straight. They're sort of betting on production from Georges and so I don't like this losing streak. He ended 0-5 from 3pt and 3-10 FG with 6 points. Hopefully, that team gets back on track soon.
Yeah his shots were big misses in the scheme of Utah coming back and were wide open looks. After watching the Texas game it was good to see high quality basketball though lol

Reactions: Doc

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
The Nuggets lost in OT in Detroit after trailing most of the game. Monte's 2nd half line wasn't as good as his 1st but he ended with this: 39 MIN, 19 PTS, 8-15 FG, 2-7 3PT, 7 REB, 7 AST and 0 TO.

BTW, Matt Thomas got a little first-quarter run today vs. the Bulls (game in progress as I post this).

Last edited:

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
68 minutes in Milwaukee and Detroit for Monte. Zero TOs. He knows his role is to be a caretaker not a creator on this team and he does it well.
I’m impressed they are keeping him in with their defensive lineups.

It’s fun watching a tough team. The Nuggets may not quite have the top end talent to compete with some teams but they grind.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
68 minutes in Milwaukee and Detroit for Monte. Zero TOs. He knows his role is to be a caretaker not a creator on this team and he does it well.
I’m impressed they are keeping him in with their defensive lineups.

It’s fun watching a tough team. The Nuggets may not quite have the top end talent to compete with some teams but they grind.

Agreed. Jokic is the NBA version of college Niang. There isn't 1 guy on that roster that I don't appreciate watching. I never thought I would be a Murray or MPJ fan.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Agreed. Jokic is the NBA version of college Niang. There isn't 1 guy on that roster that I don't appreciate watching. I never thought I would be a Murray or MPJ fan.

I hope Murray makes a leap. I hated him because he was a UK guy, but that dude is a hooper and he is tough.

Porter is just so ******* tall. He has the standing reach of Anthony Davis. And the jumper never touches the rim. He has to speed up the release but he is going to be so good if he stays healthy.

It’s sad that they’re gonna have to cycle through guys like Monte, but that’s life.

• Informative
Reactions: Cyientist and NWICY

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
So during warmups niang and Mitchell we’re standing together shooting 3s, pretty funny that Donovan kept pointing to get Georges balls before him to shoot.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Minutes for the Ice Man on Super Bowl Sunday. Matt Thomas got rotation time today in the Raptors' big win over the Bulls. His final line: 18 MIN, 7 PTS, 3-5 FG, 1-3 3PT, 1 REB, 2 AST, 0 TO and a cool +18.

Last edited:

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Nuggets' TV station covered Monte's HS years in Michigan when he played at Detroit this weekend. Nice clips of his pre-ISU days:

Post-game interview with Monte; he talks about his current role and playing back in MIchigan:

Also,

Reactions: HFCS

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I hope Murray makes a leap. I hated him because he was a UK guy, but that dude is a hooper and he is tough.

Porter is just so ******* tall. He has the standing reach of Anthony Davis. And the jumper never touches the rim. He has to speed up the release but he is going to be so good if he stays healthy.

It’s sad that they’re gonna have to cycle through guys like Monte, but that’s life.

That appears to be a problem.

• Agree
Reactions: NENick