Fresno State

CydeOut

Nov 21, 2009
Kansas
Colbray has been a hot and cold wrestler, but the move to 174 hasn’t corrected anything. It’s either highlighting his lack of discipline with weight control or he’s just too big to be at that weight and his energy is zapped. May as well bump him up to 197 for a last gasp to salvage his career

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
34-9.

7 wins, all bonus (forfeit, 2 falls, 4 majors)
3 losses, by a total of 4 points

DrizzyCyclone

Apr 7, 2013
Nice 34-9 win tonight. My takeaways from the night:
125 - Nothing due to forfeit
133 - 17-4 major, can’t complain about that. Looked good.
141 - Nice to see him get a major over a ranked opponent. I like his chances to be an All-American this year.
149 - Typical Degen match. Great to see him back!
157 - Backup, so not concerned about a 3-2 loss.
165 - Disappointing. Pretty clear he is a 157 wrestler in the wrong weight class.
174 - Awful performance, has completely regressed. Have to wonder what the future holds for Colbray. Not a guarantee he is a guy that is in the lineup next year.
184 - Nice bounce back performance, hope he’s able to build off it.
197 - Same as 184.
285 - Completely outsized the kid and took care of business. Wonder why Hokit didn’t wrestle.
Overall a positive night but there’s still questions about a few guys.

bustamoveisu

Sep 8, 2012
Gremmel looked real good. Glad to see him that aggressive

Same with Shapiro. I think he will be okay

Probably should pump the brakes a little on Shapiro. The guy he wrestled was awful and it appeared he tried to go to his back to end the match.

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
Do people think Colbray was any good at 84 this year? His performance is not weight related.
I tend to agree with this. Have seen him like this at 197 184 and now 174. I am wondering if he was the one mentioned earlier in this thread that had to push to make weight right before weigh ins. If so it may have added to this ugly loss but we have seen the same thing from him at 184 and 197 . He is a real head scratcher to me and I have to believe there is a mental aspect going on here. No clue what the answer is , hope he and the coaches can figure it out .

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
Do people think Colbray was any good at 84 this year? His performance is not weight related.
He was very good at 184 last year, and didn't hit any big bumps this year until the weight change. So I disagree. At least top #12 is rankings throughout the year. Wrestling now at 40 lbs below his HS weight. How ready ya'll are to throw him under the bus.

Last edited:

Sturge34

Oct 28, 2019
I tend to agree with this. Have seen him like this at 197 184 and now 174. I am wondering if he was the one mentioned earlier in this thread that had to push to make weight right before weigh ins. If so it may have added to this ugly loss but we have seen the same thing from him at 184 and 197 . He is a real head scratcher to me and I have to believe there is a mental aspect going on here. No clue what the answer is , hope he and the coaches can figure it out .
You wonder if is just burnt out on wrestling? I could see him moving onto the next step in life if he is on track to graduate. Something like Harrington did. He is an interesting case of so much talent and the performances are so up and down. Wish the kid all the best and hope he gets it turned around this year.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron