Is Lewis injured because

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Dec 13, 2019
Des Moines
Must want to be in a P5 program otherwise he would have transferred down this last summer

Someone close to the team told me he was out of the door but Prohm convinced him to stay. I’m not sure he could play at another P5 program but it’s probably best for him if he graduates early and transfers out.

Nycclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 24, 2010
Is the reason why Lewis played only two minutes because he refused to give up his 24 jersey which should only be worn by Kobe?

• Creative
  • Agree
Reactions: alarson and Cy$

tzjung

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2007
Ankeny, IA
Someone close to the team told me he was out of the door but Prohm convinced him to stay. I’m not sure he could play at another P5 program but it’s probably best for him if he graduates early and transfers out.

Haha, I think this makes it worse if it is true. Prohm convinces this guy to stay when he wanted to transfer.... only to have prohm never put him in a position to play. So, now he has a wasted year of eligibility. If anything this makes Prohm even more of a donkeyhole.

sheepplucker

Sep 22, 2013
I don’t give two sh*** about prohms stupid process of life coaching the kid.. did he do anything in between the auburn game where he played well and brought a lot of energy to the floor and his two minutes for the Baylor game that warranted being treated like dog crap? Tre Jackson being back in rotation should have zero barring when there are 3 other players minutes he should be eating into.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
This thread is getting a lot of re-hash since it's been going on since forever. BUT...

My guess is Lewis isn't playing more not because of injury or rules-breaking. I think he isn't playing because CSP thinks he isn't doing something right offensively or defensively. Whether that is an on-court effort thing, or a doesn't understand the system thing, who knows. But this is my guess.

CSP's roster and rotations have been an issue for a long time. Both in makeup, chemistry, and why is Player A playing so much more than Player B who is clearly better? And it's been fairly obvious since December. Why does it take so long to figure out???

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I was unable to watch the game Saturday due to a family obligation, but the box score shows that Lewis did not get in the game, correct? Was he suited up?

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I was unable to watch the game Saturday due to a family obligation, but the box score shows that Lewis did not get in the game, correct? Was he suited up?
i believe he was in uniform but didn't play.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
This thread is getting a lot of re-hash since it's been going on since forever. BUT...

My guess is Lewis isn't playing more not because of injury or rules-breaking. I think he isn't playing because CSP thinks he isn't doing something right offensively or defensively. Whether that is an on-court effort thing, or a doesn't understand the system thing, who knows. But this is my guess.

CSP's roster and rotations have been an issue for a long time. Both in makeup, chemistry, and why is Player A playing so much more than Player B who is clearly better? And it's been fairly obvious since December. Why does it take so long to figure out???
I think it’s more... Lewis has a bad attitude/effort in practice so he doesn’t play in games. Just like Lard.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

omar34

Mar 8, 2017
Prohm's not going to throw the kid under the bus. That's why he's not giving an answer

Lewis wouldn't have P5 opportunities if he left Iowa State. He knows this. Could be a good fit at UW Milwaukee
As far as I can tell even Phrom doesn't know who to play! It's all Phrom's fault for Lewis not being better at this stage of his career! He doesn't make players better which isn't a very good sign as coach! Lewis is by far the player with the best 3 point shooting capability! Don't understand not playing Conditt more against Simms as well! Evidently he's trying to break his spirit as well! SAD!

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
As far as I can tell even Phrom doesn't know who to play! It's all Phrom's fault for Lewis not being better at this stage of his career! He doesn't make players better which isn't a very good sign as coach! Lewis is by far the player with the best 3 point shooting capability! Don't understand not playing Conditt more against Simms as well! Evidently he's trying to break his spirit as well! SAD!

Didn't Simms completely demolish Conditt?

Maybe that's why he didn't play him against Simms more?

I don't think Conditt should only play for 5 minutes, but I can't remember the last time Conditt played well.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Didn't Simms completely demolish Conditt?

Maybe that's why he didn't play him against Simms more?

I don't think Conditt should only play for 5 minutes, but I can't remember the last time Conditt played well.
Yeah I like Conditt but he hasn't played well lately and got absolutely destroyed in the 5 minutes he did play. Was a big reason we got down quickly after the game started. He needs to focus on playing tough and physical.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Conditt has been brutal since he entered the starting lineup

Which really serves as a classic example of why there is no magic bullet lineup this year. Conditt was much much better comng in as an energy but that means you have Ypung and MJ on the floor together which isn't ideal. We just simply don't have the horses or experience to build a starting 5 that can get us off to a good start. It is what it is at this point so really we just need the young guys to cut their teeth and get better.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Which really serves as a classic example of why there is no magic bullet lineup this year. Conditt was much much better comng in as an energy but that means you have Ypung and MJ on the floor together which isn't ideal. We just simply don't have the horses or experience to build a starting 5 that can get us off to a good start. It is what it is at this point so really we just need the young guys to cut their teeth and get better.

Yep. I'm just happy Prohm finally took Nixon out of the starting lineup. I get that Prohm has taken a ton of heat this year and rightfully so but I was pleasantly surprised he did that