The magic is gone

MJN

Aug 13, 2011
Urbandale
Worst part of tonight was sitting there before game started there was zero energy in the building. Seemed like everyone knew the a** kicking was a formality. Never seen so many empty seats for a "sold out" game either. Tonight was the first time I've left a game early in as long as I can remember and it was at the 12 min mark of second half. The official NCAA March Madness Twitter account labeled it "Hilton Tragic".

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Worst part of tonight was sitting there before game started there was zero energy in the building. Seemed like everyone knew the a** kicking was a formality. Never seen so many empty seats for a "sold out" game either. Tonight was the first time I've left a game early in as long as I can remember and it was at the 12 min mark of second half. The official NCAA March Madness Twitter account labeled it "Hilton Tragic".

It was obvious excitement would be at an all time low for a KU game but it was a decent crowd. Around the time it was 23-25, I think we missed a 3 that would have had the crowd rocking. The lob/dunks shut us down fast too.

Last edited:

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
It was quiet obvious excitement would be at an all time low for a KU game but it was a decent crowd. Around the time it was 23-25, I think we missed a 3 that would have had the crowd rocking. The lob/dunks shut us down fast too.

We were down 6 and came back, missed a three, and the rest was history. If you blinked you missed them scoring about 10 in a row in about 2 minutes. That was the game.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
Section 215 had 67 people seated in it out of 177 seats. That's 38% filled in. That was 10 minutes into the first half as ISU was about to take it's final lead of the game. Section 208, 209, and 214 were nearly as bad

• Informative
Reactions: CyBobby

cyups2323

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Years past, the rafters would be vibrating when we play the #1 team in the country at home. I thought I heard someone in the upper section drop a pin somewhere...

I strongly disagree. The crowd was ready to explode tonight. Just give us a reason. Make a shot, get a loose ball, a rebound. Anything.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Its a bummer this year that there are so many games you just know the Cyclones have no chance of winning at Hilton.
I'd argue that the no chance games are done. We should have a shot in all the rest. Ranging from slim to ok

Raiders70

Nov 18, 2015
I was at the game. All in all a great crowd for the results we've had this year.
Crowd was ok. Lots of empty seats. Had not been to a Big 12 game at Hilton in about 15 years so I don't know what the crowds were like when Hoiberg was coaching but boy it's sure quiet compared to the Orr,Floyd,Eustachy era. Was in Des Moines this afternoon and decided to walk up and buy a ticket. Bought a 3rd row lower level for $20 and might have overpaid. Go to every football game I can but won't be in a hurry to get back to Hilton anytime soon. Not a good sign that the fans base is apathetic even when playing #1 team in country.

Help Support Us

Become a patron