Votes: 112 83.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
This is the best I’ve felt about a bet in years.... It’s taking everything I have not to bet a large sum on the bears. Is there a logical argument I’m missing as to why the line is -4? I’d consider taking Baylor at -14!

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
This is the best I’ve felt about a bet in years.... It’s taking everything I have not to bet a large sum on the bears. Is there a logical argument I’m missing as to why the line is -4? I’d consider taking Baylor at -14!

bears -4

struggled with it, but took the over of 137. 78/68 type game

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

If a line seems too good to be true it usually is. That's what scares me from putting big money on it

• Agree
Reactions: CoachHines3 and Doc

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
If a line seems too good to be true it usually is. That's what scares me from putting big money on it
That’s an easy answer. I mean we aren’t even competitive against mid tier teams...

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
ESPNU again today? Wow, I just realized the other day that I've watched almost NO basketball games live on TV this year. Maybe 2-3? Between cancelling Cyclones.TV and all the ESPNU and + games John Walters has been where I'm listening.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Basketball is weird though, we could get hot and actually make a bunch of threes. Anything can happen in one game. That is why you can't make huge bets at once but I see no reason to not take Baylor. They are huge and simply a much better team.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Not always the case. I do think Vegas can be pretty slow to change their perception, which explains the low line for the KU game. They saw the numbers, which were pretty good against Kansas, and good against ranked teams in Hilton. However, I don't think they realized just how bad Iowa St was struggling then.
Doesn't necessarily explain the line for tonight's game though.

Still have to remember that you, I, and a majority of the posters here, are more knowledgeable about this year's Iowa St team, than most of Vegas.

baller21

Mar 15, 2009

Baylor only beat OS by 7 on the road.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
i like the cyclones tonight.

a necessary (and often forgotten) key ingredient of hilton magic is getting killed by the same team on the road.

TH redeems himself, Lewis gets big minutes, Solo keeps up his aggressive play, and bolton shoots better at home. heck even the cover comes off the grill tonight!

So you're saying there's a chance.....

EnkAMania

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 31, 2013
Seattle
i like the cyclones tonight.

a necessary (and often forgotten) key ingredient of hilton magic is getting killed by the same team on the road.

TH redeems himself, Lewis gets big minutes, Solo keeps up his aggressive play, and bolton shoots better at home. heck even the cover comes off the grill tonight!

So you're saying there's a chance.....
Jackson will have his mask that will give him super powers

Raiders70

Nov 18, 2015
The way I see it, if Iowa State performs well, I'm happy. If Iowa State gets stomped, at least there is one positive thing about it.
Maybe take Baylor on the moneyline then. They at least have to win for me to be happy if I bet against them.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I thought I was being clever when I took Baylor -4.5 earlier today on William Hill. Looks like it made it down even further to -4. Had to check my Action App, Baylor is getting 73% of the money right now. Wouldn't seem like that would be enough to pull the number down quite so much, but I don't really understand that side of it, admittedly.