On That Note: Shape of You

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I was trying to figure out which lyrics from "Sweet Georgia Brown" mentioned shapes... :D
From the credits there I learned that Scatman Crothers was part of the Globetrotters voice talent cast. He was Meadowlark Lemon no less. When I watched this as a kid, I probably didn't put the voices of Meadowlark Lemon, Scatman from The Arisotcats, and Louie the garbage man from Chico and the Man together.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I love old-style gospel music and I love the mashups that country artists do in multi artist shows like this. I particularly liked the humor behind putting Trace Adkins next to Little Jimmy Dickens. :D

That song in particular has been done a lot in the country music scene and I don't think I've seen it done once where I didn't think how they did it didn't pay tribute to the spirit of the song. One of my favorite country artists over the years has been The Oak Ridge Boys whose roots are in gospel music. The sang it at their induction to the country music hall of fame:

Little Jimmy Dickens and Brad Paisley also sang it when they restored the original wooden circle to the Grand Old Opry stage before it re-opened after it flooded:

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
That song in particular has been done a lot in the country music scene and I don't think I've seen it done once where I didn't think how they did it didn't pay tribute to the spirit of the song. One of my favorite country artists over the years has been The Oak Ridge Boys whose roots are in gospel music. The sang it at their induction to the country music hall of fame:

Little Jimmy Dickens and Brad Paisley also sang it when they restored the original wooden circle to the Grand Old Opry stage before it re-opened after it flooded:

Brad loved Jimmy...he cast him in pretty much every video he did until Jimmy passed away.

Also, LOVE the bass in the Oak Ridge Boys...smooth as silk. AND the fact that in this version, unlike the previous version posted, they're clapping on the off-beat like gospel is supposed to be felt!

Last edited:
Reactions: CYdTracked

Cydar

Apr 2, 2006
The band name for this week's topic. The song choice for The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy reference.

Last edited: