This is why Prohm must go........

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
anyone notice ESPN says the biggest overachiever in their conference is UNLV? Wish TJ would’ve gotten his shot. He earned it. Instead UNLV as a program is getting better and Iowa State ss a program isn’t.
UNLV is 0-4 against major conference teams this year, and they weren't exactly good teams. California, UCLA, Cincinnati, and KState. They are currently ranked #125 in the Sagarin ratings. Iowa State is #56.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Isn't it pretty common knowledge that Pollard wanted TJ and Leath wanted an already HC somewhere? With Leath gone, I'd imagine TJ would be open about coming back.

I think I do remember that.

Something like --

-- Pollard likes TJ/TJ likes Pollard
-- the Otz family obviously has a strong connection to the area
-- TJ recruited much of the roster and was Fred's majordomo
-- it would have been a lot of continuity
-- and... hate to say it, but it is true... TJ would have been cheap

Right?

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011
I think I do remember that.

Something like --

-- Pollard likes TJ/TJ likes Pollard
-- the Otz family obviously has a strong connection to the area
-- TJ recruited much of the roster and was Fred's majordomo
-- it would have been a lot of continuity
-- and... hate to say it, but it is true... TJ would have been cheap

Right?
Publicly, we'll probably never know the truth. Rumors say though Fred brought TJ back so he could take over. Leath just wiggled his way in.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Publicly, we'll probably never know the truth. Rumors say though Fred brought TJ back so he could take over. Leath just wiggled his way in.

giphy.gif

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Remember the post from Niang’s mother after T.J. was hired back. Everyone was pumped but she knew exactly what it meant for Hoiberg staying.

Now, hold on. I got called out for saying this exact thing on here.

• Agree
Reactions: IASTATE07

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Isn't it pretty common knowledge that Pollard wanted TJ and Leath wanted an already HC somewhere? With Leath gone, I'd imagine TJ would be open about coming back.

Yeah, it's going to be hard to lay this totally at the feet of Pollard when he didn't get to pick his guy and was given rules. I think now JP has the clout to tell the president to pound sand if they try to micromanage but I don't think he did at that time.

• Informative
Reactions: Snydes

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Seems like if JP didn't want Prohm, he'd have a quicker trigger to fire him or at least would have been so quick to extend him. He could have let Steve go to Bama and brought in TJ. He seems very supportive for not wanting to hire the guy.

Cyfanisu

Mar 31, 2019
Seems like if JP didn't want Prohm, he'd have a quicker trigger to fire him or at least would have been so quick to extend him. He could have let Steve go to Bama and brought in TJ. He seems very supportive for not wanting to hire the guy.
Good point.
So if it was in fact Pollard‘s decision to hire Prohm over TJ, would TJ ever even want to come back IF the opportunity arose? Maybe that ship has sailed. (Of course, I’m getting way ahead of myself since Prohm is obviously going to be here for at least another year or two)

Reactions: heitclone

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Good point.
So if it was in fact Pollard‘s decision to hire Prohm over TJ, would TJ ever even want to come back IF the opportunity arose? Maybe that ship has sailed. (Of course, I’m getting way ahead of myself since Prohm is obviously going to be here for at least another year or two)
I'm pretty comfortable stating that if the Iowa State job opened up there would be mutual interest.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Does a prez have that much influence on a hiring? I thought it would ultimately be ADs decision.

I remember a President who was tired of Hilton being empty and tired of losing ....The result was we Doubled Johnny Orr's salary at Michigan, a paltry 18K to 36K....and then we started winning and developed Hilton Magic

• Agree
  • Creative
Reactions: VeloClone and isu83