Dave Chappelle coming to Stephens Auditorium Jan. 28

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I love Dave but this locking bag pisses me off. I'm a ******* adult, and I am not addicted to my ******* phone. Forcing me to lock out in a bag is beyond over kill.

As others have stated, mostly due to the nature of comedy material and if there is an upcoming special, can't have thr material out there.

Also, for every one person that can control their phone use, 25 can't. I mean, take a look at at folks behind a two ton vehicle with their heads buried.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I'd gladly pay an extra 20-50 at an event to have everyone's phone taken away.

I went to his NYE show in LA last year that was just before Netflix special and they did the same for a sold out Forum. Quite an operation to get that many phones but so much better for it.

Art museums need it the most. It's no longer possible to really enjoy some of our greatest works of art, just a room of phone addicts taking bad photos of something that's been expertly photographed countless times before.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Care to elaborate? How was the show

Solid show the openers were Michelle Wolf, Donnell Rawlings.

Dave was Dave which means killing with great material. There was an issue with the sound and some guy in the front row came up and fixed it. Dave gave him one of his cigs. There was also a 10 year old kid at the show.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Care to elaborate? How was the show
There was a 10 y/o in the crowd with his father, canvassing for Yang, that were involved in many off the cuff bits. Feedback on a speaker that was fixed by a guy in the front row and a security guards radio that went off. I don’t want to butcher the jokes but I thought they were as funny as his normal bits. The fact that they were totally unforeseen just makes you feel like you are sitting in a room with greatness. I think we all have funny people in our lives that can make any situation funny. It’s that x10. Great show

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
I wish I would have paid the extra $20 for a better seat. Next time there is a comic I’m excited for I will splurge for premium seats. I was in row 22 which was much farther then I would have liked. I’ve been in Stephens for many concerts but haven’t been for a comedy show since Burr. Next time...

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I wish I would have paid the extra $20 for a better seat. Next time there is a comic I’m excited for I will splurge for premium seats. I was in row 22 which was much farther then I would have liked. I’ve been in Stephens for many concerts but haven’t been for a comedy show since Burr. Next time...

I was row 27 (farthest I've ever been back at Stephen's for a performance) which was 2 from the way back. Still a great view.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

Dave was Dave which means killing with great material. There was an issue with the sound and some guy in the front row came up and fixed it. Dave gave him one of his cigs. There was also a 10 year old kid at the show.

I heard about the bits with the 10 year old and the guy who fixed the buzzing sound. Made me wonder if they are part of the act. For instance, don't they have a sound guy positioned right up next to the stage to take care of stuff like that?

dawgpound

Retired Billy the Barnstormer
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2011
Des Moines, iowa

I thought Donnell was fantastic as well. I hadn't laughed that hard in awhile. So glad i paid for 7th row seats, hell of a show!

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
His last Netflix show pissed a lot of people off. I mean I don't see a problem with him at Iowa State as far as protests and so on. Wonder if he booked so late because of that in different cities where everyone get's outraged and upset. So he books late to avoid protests. Just a thought. I love Dave. His last Netflix show was soooo good.

That’s not it, knownothing.

Javinegli

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2013
Des Moines, IA
Reactions: Nothingman

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron