Bowen Born

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Don't follow recruiting much, but with Born I would be curious how prolific a scorer he was in AAU summer competition. Not much defense is played, but at least the quality of opposing player would be higher than Norwalk faces.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
55! Wow isu missed on this one. Uni got a steal it seems
I agree even though I was originally against recruiting Bowen due to his height. I think he is a legit High D1 player. I think he is like his dad. Under recruited due to him being a 5’11 white guy from Iowa. Good for UNI

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
He is ridiculous at shooting at basketball. Which if you have seen us play lately is something we need. He also shoots most of this three pointers from NBA range in high school. Also, please see Phil Forte for someone who is the same size and was ridiculous at shooting and playing the game.

Saying that I will say this. He seemed like a UNI recruit before this year started. I think he has gotten to be a big 12 recruit. Just because no high majors offered does not mean he won't be good. High Majors miss on kids like him all the time.

One other thing. His dad was underrecruited and got way better after going to Nebraska Omaha for 2 years. So we shall see how Bowen does at UNI.

Go watch Tre Jackson highlights from high school. Just because you can shoot it in high school doesn't always mean they shoot lights out in college.

UNI1ISU2

Jun 7, 2019
Don't follow recruiting much, but with Born I would be curious how prolific a scorer he was in AAU summer competition. Not much defense is played, but at least the quality of opposing player would be higher than Norwalk faces.
Here is your answer. He can drive and get his shot up with big guys around him.

CubsClones1

Nov 12, 2012
Prairie City

I really wouldn't be mad if Prohm extended an offer late and gave him something to think about. Not expecting an offer or anything like that or for this kid to come in and score 55 but like others have said, we need someone to knock down the open shots and this kid can shoot it.

• Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

UNI1ISU2

Jun 7, 2019
I really wouldn't be mad if Prohm extended an offer late and gave him something to think about. Not expecting an offer or anything like that or for this kid to come in and score 55 but like others have said, we need someone to knock down the open shots and this kid can shoot it.
He is already committed to UNI. signed and all

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

GFD

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
If Bowen was 3 inches taller he would have been a high 4 star player. UNI got a good one. I don't want to argue but he is going to be a hard one for Mo Valley players to handle.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
If Bowen was 3 inches taller he would have been a high 4 star player. UNI got a good one. I don't want to argue but he is going to be a hard one for Mo Valley players to handle.

Exactly, he is a high level Valley talent and is going to the right school. The difference between a Big 12 grind and a one bid league grind is night and day. People also underestimate the adjustment guards have to make shooting from the college 3 point line. Iowa State has had countless kids fill it up in high school but struggle from 3 for a year or two. It's actually pretty damn common.

• Winner
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Seems more like a kid Iowa usually gets, weird you didn't mention them missing out. I guess as long as one of your favorite teams got him you're happy!

My guess is that Fran learned his lesson with Jorbo. Sure, he's lethal from three but you can't hide him on defense.

Reactions: heitclone

UNI1ISU2

Jun 7, 2019
Exactly, he is a high level Valley talent and is going to the right school. The difference between a Big 12 grind and a one bid league grind is night and day. People also underestimate the adjustment guards have to make shooting from the college 3 point line. Iowa State has had countless kids fill it up in high school but struggle from 3 for a year or two. It's actually pretty damn common.
Look at aj green at UNI. same things were being said about him. Now isu and Iowa fans both are saying they wish they got him.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

My buddy who lives in Norwalk and is a huge UNI fan's exact words "he's going to find out quickly he's not going to be able to get shots off inside the 3 point line at the next level"

• Informative
Reactions: VeloClone