Fred > Fran

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Of course Prohm has less wins, he has 1 less year, that is where winning % comes into play. Also I'll have to look back, but I'm betting you weren't saying that the Big12 was weak when Fred was coaching in Ames.

You are right though about Apples and Oranges. There is no comparing how much of a tougher job Fred had when he got to Ames than Prohm had. Crazy Freds numbers are better than Prohm at all, considering how much worse of a situation he walked into.

I can only imagine who you are arguing with, but man who in the hell would argue that Prohm is better than Fred at this point in their careers.

• Dumb
  • Winner
Reactions: cyfan21 and JP4CY

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Yes. Yes he does

I absolutely hate this argument. It is completely devoid of context. Fred inherited a dog **** program. McDermott had turned us into the doormat of the league. Within 5 years he had relevant. When Prohm took over he inherited a Top 10 team. Their situations are night-and-day.

Also you know you're desperate for facts to support your argument when you start claiming "conference regular season titles" that came from the freakin' Ohio Valley, and a win percentage that is based largely on wins from the Ohio Valley.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I absolutely hate this argument. It is completely devoid of context. Fred inherited a dog **** program. McDermott had turned us into the doormat of the league. Within 5 years he had relevant. When Prohm took over he inherited a Top 10 team. Their situations are night-and-day.

Also you know you're desperate for facts to support your argument when you start claiming "conference regular season titles" that came from the freakin' Ohio Valley, and a win percentage that is based largely on wins from the Ohio Valley.

Yeah that's the point. I was making fun of @Legend Hawk

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Sledge would start for Nebraska!

From what I gather on Google Tavon Sledge ended his career playing Albertus Magnus, a D3 school in New Haven, CT. To his credit, according to his player page he was a 2 time GNAC Player of the Week, which is nice.

• Informative
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
From what I gather on Google Tavon Sledge ended his career playing Albertus Magnus, a D3 school in New Haven, CT. To his credit, according to his player page he was a 2 time GNAC Player of the Week, which is nice.

Might be the best player at Nebraska next year

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
He had some great warm up dunks.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018

I know, it is crazy to think that seem actually believe Prohm > Fred.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I know, it is crazy to think that seem actually believe Prohm > Fred.
I dont think that many people are actually saying that, to me it's just a moot point. Fred is at Nebraska until another possible attempt at the NBA if all goes well there.
I mean it would be like arguing over Davis and Lute. Well, Lute wasn't coming back to Iowa.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Man Michigan who's lost 4 straight just went into Lincoln and beat up on Nebraska without their two best players in Simpson and Livers. Nebraska is a train wreck