NCAA basketball tournament Omaha Region

UNI1ISU2

Jun 7, 2019
Pretty excited for Omaha this year, it'll be the first year with the Capitol district completed. That's one thing Des Moines really needs, an upgrade to the amenities around WFA. Omaha made that commitment and now they get Sweet 16 games. It took them a few years to get it but upgrading the area around the Qwest/CL/CHI health center opened Omaha up to hosting a lot of national events. DM and WFA are definitely a few steps behind Omaha in that regard.
That district will be hopping

Last edited:

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
When is the NCAA tournament not fun?

I forgot it was a 10 point lead in the last 30 seconds.

And if you post anything ISU related, you'll be reported again....we're all aware of how not fun that was.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Pretty excited for Omaha this year, it'll be the first year with the Capitol district completed. That's one thing Des Moines really needs, an upgrade to the amenities around WFA. Omaha made that commitment and now they get Sweet 16 games. It took them a few years to get it but upgrading the area around the Qwest/CL/CHI health center opened Omaha up to hosting a lot of national events. DM and WFA are definitely a few steps behind Omaha in that regard.
Omaha has done a great job of revitalizing that section from the mess it was 23 years ago when I moved here. The only real problem is they have taken away a lot of the original parking that was there when they started.
Next needs to be the Riverfront. I'm just not sure what they can do being that the Corps insists on flooding it out every year now. CB built that park right across that is pretty useless all summer because it is always flooded.
The Corps has already said to be prepared for more flooding. The Missouri finally went below flood stage in November and they are holding a bunch of water up north just waiting to dump it all come spring.

Reactions: heitclone

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
When is the NCAA tournament not fun?
giphy.gif

• Funny
Reactions: JP4CY and CyCrazy