UFOs: Cmdr. David Fravor on Rogan

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Why does every UFO presentation have some weird dude talking about secret government projects?

The pilot makes a convincing argument.

Odds of alien life visiting earth >>> Bigfoot being real

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Why does every UFO presentation have some weird dude talking about secret government projects?

The pilot makes a convincing argument.

Odds of alien life visiting earth >>> Bigfoot being real

Are they though? Not that I believe in Bigfoot, but we find new species on our planet all of the time. Haven't had any space visitors yet. Likelihood of intelligent life out there is low. Even if there is intelligent life, the odds of anything in the universe having the technology to travel into other galaxies is even lower. I'd probably take my chances on Bigfoot.

I think all of these ufo's are just new types of military tech that they are tinkering around with. They probably are more than happy to let people believe they are aliens. Just because the Navy says they don't have anything like that, doesn't mean that they don't. Why would they tell us?

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
Why are people so reluctant to the existence of alien life? Mathematically it's 100% certainty that somewhere out there is life.

I completely agree with this, what I have a hard time wrapping my mind around is we probably don't even understand what "alien life" means. We're still in our infancy here on Earth and don't know much about what happens outside our planet, solar system or galaxy. While there is a lot of science that says carbon based life forms is probably the entire heap, I can't accept it as fact given we're so "dumb" in the grand scheme of things.

Humans made very little technological advancement for a few million years. More has happened in the past 200 years than in the previous million. What are people going to figure out in the next 200?

I wonder if the outsiders have Netflix.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Are they though? Not that I believe in Bigfoot, but we find new species on our planet all of the time. Haven't had any space visitors yet. Likelihood of intelligent life out there is low. Even if there is intelligent life, the odds of anything in the universe having the technology to travel into other galaxies is even lower. I'd probably take my chances on Bigfoot.

I think all of these ufo's are just new types of military tech that they are tinkering around with. They probably are more than happy to let people believe they are aliens. Just because the Navy says they don't have anything like that, doesn't mean that they don't. Why would they tell us?

They have a good explanation why your second paragraph isn’t really realistic. These are not active propulsion systems that they are seeing. If that tech was available decades ago, there is no way it would have been kept under wraps this long. It would change the way we travel instantly. Militarily, there would absolutely no match for it.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I figured everyone knew that aliens are a thing and they're just our future selves traveling back to monitor our evolution and make sure we don't **** up the future for them.

Well technically if they are are alive and well and traveled backwards in time we couldn't **** something up in their universe without intervention. If they changed something it wouldn't **** up their present, but rather create a parallel universe.

Reactions: psychlone99

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009

I would guess a lot of UFO sightings are actually military stuff - drones, balloons, new aircraft, etc. I think the stealth fighters were almost certainly witnessed as "flying saucers" back in the mid-80s before they were unveiled officially.

We like to have stuff that other countries don't know about so they can't plan for it. I am all for that. But we also like to bluff about what we have to make other countries plan and spend to counter non-existent threats (e.g. SDI). Some of the UFO stuff could be (should be?) military misinformation designed to make potential aggressors think we have capabilities we don't have. Again, I am all for that, no one wants to be first to attack the country that might have photon torpedoes or other such magic.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
They have a good explanation why your second paragraph isn’t really realistic. These are not active propulsion systems that they are seeing. If that tech was available decades ago, there is no way it would have been kept under wraps this long. It would change the way we travel instantly. Militarily, there would absolutely no match for it.

Sure. So it's aliens then. Just what they want you to think. :rolleyes:

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
Is there any good podcasts or reads about the East coast sightings Fravor was referencing in the podcast?

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I love hearing about all this stuff, however simulation theory doesn't really do it for me. Their is a Rogan podcast with Elon Musk where they discuss it because Musk is all about it.
I'm just joking. It's a pointless philosophical discussion IMO.

• Agree
Reactions: Farnsworth

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Why are people so reluctant to the existence of alien life? Mathematically it's 100% certainty that somewhere out there is life.
Are they?

Fermi asked where they are...and the answer is that they're too far away to travel here or they've already risen and fallen. Humanity will cease. But somewhere (probably millions of somewhere's) out there an intelligent life form will rise in 100,000 years and one fell 100 million years ago.

OR all the millions of things that had to go exactly right to create the conditions in which humanity rose are simply too complex a system to happen more than once...

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
Are they?

Fermi asked where they are...and the answer is that they're too far away to travel here or they've already risen and fallen. Humanity will cease. But somewhere (probably millions of somewhere's) out there an intelligent life form will rise in 100,000 years and one fell 100 million years ago.

OR all the millions of things that had to go exactly right to create the conditions in which humanity rose are simply too complex a system to happen more than once...

Except there are literally trillions of Earth like worlds in the universe for those things to go right on.

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
Are they?

that’s why these things are terrestrial whatever they are. perhaps “shadows” of higher dimensional objects? Human perception is very limited.

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix

This answer I can't buy. The numbers are incomprehensible...you'd have an easier time convincing me that there is an identical planet out there with exactly the same people living exactly the same lives as we're all living right now on Earth than you would convincing me we're the only ones out here.

• Agree

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I would guess a lot of UFO sightings are actually military stuff - drones, balloons, new aircraft, etc. I think the stealth fighters were almost certainly witnessed as "flying saucers" back in the mid-80s before they were unveiled officially.

We like to have stuff that other countries don't know about so they can't plan for it. I am all for that. But we also like to bluff about what we have to make other countries plan and spend to counter non-existent threats (e.g. SDI). Some of the UFO stuff could be (should be?) military misinformation designed to make potential aggressors think we have capabilities we don't have. Again, I am all for that, no one wants to be first to attack the country that might have photon torpedoes or other such magic.

Occam's razor strikes again. I love that people think because the Navy says "that's not our stuff" that it must not be. Strategic hiding of certain capabilities and overstating other capabilities has been a pretty common practice, particularly during the cold war.

• Agree
Reactions: CascadeClone

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013

Agree it would be difficult, but not impossible. Well, at least I can see the military trying its damndest to keep it under wraps. Any release of some kind of supercraft or weapon that is a massive step change beyond current technology is going to create panic. Even if your country is the one that has it, it doesn't take some history buff to see that other countries will eventually figure it out and have it to.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron