Status
Not open for further replies.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I just find this funny. We've been bombarded with Bernie, Biden, Warren, Steyer, Buttigieg ads the past few months...then wham! In the past 3 days, Bloomberg. I'm thinking he has -3.5% chance this late in the game.

[And wow, lotta "B"'s in that statement]

Up here we get a lot of Klobachar ads. I can’t tell if she is slightly crossed eyed when she isn’t wearing glasses.

You not getting the Yang ones like us?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I ******* hate Iowa and their ugly ****** colors and their ugly ****** logo and their ugly ****** mascot and their asshat players and fans

I was freakin disappointed in that ending. Silly Badgers;). Do they get a rematch up in Madtown?

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Lew & I used to go dancing a lot, to C&W music. Unlike Strauss waltzes, country waltzes can often have a soft downbeat. There were times that I had to count a couple of bars for him before he could hear the 3-count. Once he got the beat in his head, though, we were golden.

Meanwhile we took ballroom dance at isu and the instructor kept asking me, imploring me to hear the beat and I'm like .....its cha cha. Right? and he would die slowly hating the fact that he taught ballroom dance on Tuesday nights. I can hear waltz and sing pretty well but finding the beat is not my forte. DH would be happy to tell you more.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Meanwhile we took ballroom dance at isu and the instructor kept asking me, imploring me to hear the beat and I'm like .....its cha cha. Right? and he would die slowly hating the fact that he taught ballroom dance on Tuesday nights. I can hear waltz and sing pretty well but finding the beat is not my forte. DH would be happy to tell you more.
giphy.gif

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Many moons ago, in HS , they tried to get us in band to parade march a tune that went from 4/4 (extremely common time signature), to 7/8 :)eek::eek::eek:) back to 4/4.

So a 6/8 is kinda common in music, kinda waltz-ish. (ONE two three FOUR five six) 7/8 is cray-cray for marching. It would be ONE two three ONE two ONE two with each "ONE" being a step. It wasn't marching that count that was hard, it was the transition between "regular" marching to off-beat marching back to regular marching. I know the band was able to pull this off a few years before my membership, but us knuckleheads couldn't do it.

Oooo!!! My brain was able to pull out the name of the song, and I found it on YT. We were wanting to play an abridged version of this. 3:22 is where it goes to 7/8 in what was our arrangement, and then 3:50 it goes back to 4/4. (If y'all are interested)

One of the most interesting time signatures in the history of rock 'n' roll:

The song begins by alternating bars of 3/4 and 4/4 time. (Count along with it, it's pretty weird once you realize it.) Then when they go into the solo parts - David Gilmour on lead guitar and D*ck Parry on saxophone - it switches to all 4/4. Later, after they go back to the vocal, it becomes alternating again. Very creative.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
You need to confrim he isn't dead or in a coma in the hospital first. Before I get annoyed at no replies or no shows I like to confirm they ain't dead. I'd feel bad later if I got all pissed and than found out they got killed in an accident driving to see me. One of Boxster's Rules. I don't have as many rules as Columbus in Zombieland but I got rules (although they ain't numbered).

3nfoko.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY and jcyclonee

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Data says the town I live in is 95.5 white, 6.7, Hispanic, 0.5 black, 0.9 Asian, 0.1 Hawaiian, 3.7 other. Those are the percentages. Not sure how that works. I knew the education in this town stunk but these guys struggle with 3rd grade math.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Data says the town I live in is 95.5 white, 6.7, Hispanic, 0.5 black, 0.9 Asian, 0.1 Hawaiian, 3.7 other. Those are the percentages. Not sure how that works. I knew the education in this town stunk but these guys struggle with 3rd grade math.
I'm up WAY too early. I had to read this twice to understand it! I am NOT a morning person! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron