Graham Couch: Iowa Basketball is a mid-major roster

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
You obviously don't know Davidson's history. I might agree with you if it were a different team and player, but it isn't a coincidence it is Wisconsin and Davidson that did it. They are dirty and have been for a long time.
Have you watched Jorbo or Connor play. They aren’t angels.

Tommy Cicero

Dec 13, 2019
Meanwhile, at Twins' house...

tenor.gif

Hopefully he isn’t waking his parents up.

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
He’s awkward. Like a really successful knuckleball pitcher. I’m didn’t say he couldn’t ball. Just that he gets hit a lot because his effort far exceeds his athleticism. JFC.
You said he flails and falls. That's not a skill like a knuckle ball pitcher.

Tommy Cicero

Dec 13, 2019
Garza is so consistent. It has to be nice for a head coach to know you’re gonna get 20 and 10 out of your center every night out. Wieskamp has worked his way into becoming a clutch player. Frederick has an it factor about him.

Fran has been blasted on here for his recruiting and coaching, but he deserves kudos for this team. No need for sour grapes.

• Funny
Reactions: CyTwins

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
More Davison crap. Plus he is the king of flopping, heck he was half the reason they put the flop rule into college basketball.

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
Deception is a skill.
He's not deceiving anyone. He comes straight at you. He is as fundamentally sound as you can be for a big guy. He's limited athletically but he makes up for it with good foot work and his ability to step out and knock down shots. He does not flail.

• Friendly
Reactions: isu81

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Flopping is absolutely a skill. Takes IQ and timing. Some guys are good at it and some are poor. It’s part of doing everything you can to win, which is the point of playing.

LOL, flopping is as much of a skill as the Astros stealing signs was a "skill".

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
Flopping is absolutely a skill. Takes IQ and timing. Some guys are good at it and some are poor. It’s part of doing everything you can to win, which is the point of playing.
He's not talking about flopping. He said Garza flops and flails and he has success because he's awkward. He's actually very straight forward and coordinated.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
He's not deceiving anyone. He comes straight at you. He is as fundamentally sound as you can be for a big guy. He's limited athletically but he makes up for it with good foot work and his ability to step out and knock down shots. He does not flail.
I don’t understand why this is insulting. His game is off speed. He doesn’t go right at anyone. He manipulates the defender into moving out of his way or get them airborne and jumping into contact. He’s good at post fundamentals.

Tommy Cicero

Dec 13, 2019
I don’t understand why this is insulting. His game is off speed. He doesn’t go right at anyone. He manipulates the defender into moving out of his way or get them airborne and jumping into contact. He’s good at post fundamentals.

I don’t know man. I understand what you’re saying, but there are plenty of times where Garza goes right at guys. He’s so good because he knows how to mix it up and keep guys off-balance, but part of that is occasionally going right at guys. He doesn’t back down from anyone.

It’s like a defensive end in football. The same pass rush move over and over and over again isn’t gonna work. The great ones know how to keep a tackle uncertain.

Reactions: Gitwitit

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
When will Iowa bubble burst? If I’m Iowa fan I’m truly hoping my team runs into a 2-3 game drought..

Iowa won what 9 straight?

Every team....Every team hits a wall.

Iowa better hope it doesn’t hit in about 3 weeks..

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron