Graham Couch: Iowa Basketball is a mid-major roster

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Does Garza Flop or just fall down? First full Hawkeye game ive watched all season and he was on the floor all the time. Probably tripping on his mouth gaurd that he can’t keep in his mouth.

LOL, Garza doesn't flop, he gets hit in the face like 10 times a game somehow. I don't ever remember an Iowa player who take more of a beating that Garza does.

• Funny
Reactions: TheJackWePack5

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
LOL, Garza doesn't flop, he gets hit in the face like 10 times a game somehow. I don't ever remember an Iowa player who take more of a beating that Garza does.
Let’s be honest. He’s just awkward. He flails and falls and plays and elbow height.

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
So...Trying to get a call is dirty? You have a problem with players flailing and grabbing in an effort to misguide the refs into who is fouling whom?
Ever heard of Grayson Allen? Davidson is the Big Ten version. He shouldn't even be playing at this point.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Let’s be honest. He’s just awkward. He flails and falls and plays and elbow height.

For sure. I mean the shot he took at the end of the game, that he got T'd up for wasn't intentional, it just happens. Yet he is the recipient of those more than any other Iowa player that I can ever remember.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
I've joked about it before, but with everything going the way it has this past year, and then Sunday, and now tonight, can anyone do a wellness check on that guy's dog? I'm seriously worried.

He was trying to set it up earlier today, saying how Iowa couldn't lose. I mean he had to be just giddy up til about the last 4 min. of the game that is.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
Yes? I mean that’s a pretty text book example of the hook and hold rule. Plus it’s Davidson who has a well earned rep for being a dirty player.
Ever heard of Grayson Allen? Davidson is the Big Ten version. He shouldn't even be playing at this point.
It was an easy call really.
Not disagreeing with the call. Just the irony of complaints that a player would game the refs as dirty.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006

Cause he leads with his face trying to create contact. When your offensive move is to dive into the defender, you're going to get hit a lot. He gets the calls and makes the plays, but there is a consequence of doing so. Don't act like the defenders are the ones creating that contact.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
For sure. I mean the shot he took at the end of the game, that he got T'd up for wasn't intentional, it just happens. Yet he is the recipient of those more than any other Iowa player that I can ever remember.
Because he plays really hard at elbow level to other players. I’ll concede he plays hard. But he does so in a way very abnormal to what most players aren't used to competing against.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
You're a piss poor evaluator of talent. He flails and falls into 25 pts and 12 rebs every game?
He’s awkward. Like a really successful knuckleball pitcher. I’m didn’t say he couldn’t ball. Just that he gets hit a lot because his effort far exceeds his athleticism. JFC.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Not disagreeing with the call. Just the irony of complaints that a player would game the refs as dirty.

You obviously don't know Davidson's history. I might agree with you if it were a different team and player, but it isn't a coincidence it is Wisconsin and Davidson that did it. They are dirty and have been for a long time.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Wisconsin really let some great opportunities get away. There were a bunch of times that the Wisconsin post and the ball beat Garza down the court and had a 5 on 4 and the point pulled up and the post ran to the corner. Had probably a handful of uncontested dunks that they didnt take.