Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia, PA

Sunday, March 8, 2020

WWE Network

Reactions: Macloney

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Is MVP back permanently?

EDIT - apparently MVP's son is a big Rey Mysterio fan, and since they live near Houston...

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Andrade Almas has been suspended for violating the wellness policy.

Explains the "injury angle" they ran tonight.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
That last segment was messed up. The crowd was hardcore into it and, not gonna lie, I was on the edge of my seat to see what happened. Randy back to being more heel.

• Agree
Reactions: HitItHard58

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
That last segment was messed up. The crowd was hardcore into it and, not gonna lie, I was on the edge of my seat to see what happened. Randy back to being more heel.
I kept wondering if it was really that good or if I was just a sucker for it because I pretty much didn't move or breathe while Orton was stalking around Edge. Good **** pal. Guessing they keep Edge off TV for a while and play up his neck being hurt so bad he might be done for good again while they build Orton as a ruthless heel. Edge will come out at Elimination Chamber to a monster pop and get one back on Randy to set up their Mania match. Doesn't need to be any more complicated than that and will be a damn good Mania feud as long as they keep it simple.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Since we’ve been talking about it, it sounds like Becky vs Shayna is the direction things are going for Mania, while Charlotte vs Bayley is not. Speculation is it could be Charlotte vs Rhea Ripley for the NXT Women’s title of all things. If that’s the case, pump that match straight into my veins.

Also, it sounds like one of the driving principals behind Edge’s return to active status was to keep him away from AEW, or, at least, Edge used AEW to leverage his return.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/2020/...injury-womens-wrestlemania-plans-edge-aew-mvp

Reactions: HitItHard58

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I kept wondering if it was really that good or if I was just a sucker for it because I pretty much didn't move or breathe while Orton was stalking around Edge. Good **** pal. Guessing they keep Edge off TV for a while and play up his neck being hurt so bad he might be done for good again while they build Orton as a ruthless heel. Edge will come out at Elimination Chamber to a monster pop and get one back on Randy to set up their Mania match. Doesn't need to be any more complicated than that and will be a damn good Mania feud as long as they keep it simple.

Honestly... did people really NOT see Randy Orton going all viper on Edge’s big return last night? That is historical WWE trope, and Orton by far is the most sadistic at it.

The only way Orton doesn’t do what he did last night is if AJ Styles doesn’t injure himself overselling Edge’s spear in the Rumble, because it’s rumored Edge’s Mania opponent was supposed to be AJ, but even then it wouldn’t have been as good as what Orton did last night. AJ is one of the best in the history of the business, but he will never be the psychological prick that Orton is. Orton just knows how to take that one thing about his opponent and make the audience cringe - for Jeff Hardy it was his ears, for Edge it was threatening to inflict a life-altering neck injury. AJ tries to pull what Orton did last night it comes off all wrong because AJ is the cocky ***hole heel, not the psychological masochist that Orton is.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
I'd have to find the link but apparently on one of Conrad's podcasts either Schiavone or Bischoff asked how Ric feels about Andrade and Conrad didn't even acknowledge it and moved right on to whatever else they were talking about. There had always been rumors that Ric didn't think Andrade did it the right way and now we know.

Even Ric couldn't get to 3 divorces before 35 and that looks like the path Ashley is on...

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
Honestly... did people really NOT see Randy Orton going all viper on Edge’s big return last night? That is historical WWE trope, and Orton by far is the most sadistic at it.

The only way Orton doesn’t do what he did last night is if AJ Styles doesn’t injure himself overselling Edge’s spear in the Rumble, because it’s rumored Edge’s Mania opponent was supposed to be AJ, but even then it wouldn’t have been as good as what Orton did last night. AJ is one of the best in the history of the business, but he will never be the psychological prick that Orton is. Orton just knows how to take that one thing about his opponent and make the audience cringe - for Jeff Hardy it was his ears, for Edge it was threatening to inflict a life-altering neck injury. AJ tries to pull what Orton did last night it comes off all wrong because AJ is the cocky ***hole heel, not the psychological masochist that Orton is.
Yeah that's why I questioned if it was really that good of a segment or if I was still on a high from Edge's return. It was very predictable that Randy would turn but the way they built it up with the hug, Edge tearing up, and Randy talking about Edge picking him up back in his self destructive days really made it hit harder. The way Randy methodically slithered around a helpless Edge was very effective and shows that while WWE is predictable, it can still work if they do it right. I've been pretty down on Raw and Smackdown the last few months but stuff like this and them actually putting Drew over Brock and Roman has sucked me right back in.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Yeah that's why I questioned if it was really that good of a segment or if I was still on a high from Edge's return. It was very predictable that Randy would turn but the way they built it up with the hug, Edge tearing up, and Randy talking about Edge picking him up back in his self destructive days really made it hit harder. The way Randy methodically slithered around a helpless Edge was very effective and shows that while WWE is predictable, it can still work if they do it right. I've been pretty down on Raw and Smackdown the last few months but stuff like this and them actually putting Drew over Brock and Roman has sucked me right back in.

Well, pro wrestling has always been pretty predictable. It's all about the execution.
I haven't seen last night, but reading about it makes me want to. Orton is that timeless, sadistic heel that you just want to hate.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

People equate “predictable” with “not good” way too often. For instance, while there were some twists and turns along the way, it was pretty predictable how Avengers: Endgame was going to end. Not the details, per se, but the overall direction of the story. Did that make it any less good? No - it just made us want to know how they were going to get there. It’s not always about the end, it’s about how you get from point A to point B, which is why the predictability argument is stupid if the journey happens to be really good.

BLRNerd

Apr 25, 2014
...Behind You
Word is that Charlotte will likely make her announcement on Wednesday at Full Sail, I think it explains why they chose BelAir to be #1 contender over anyone else really. The NXT (Women's) Championship is the best booked title in the biz the past few years.

Also I thought the Edge rumors were BS, boy was I wrong about that. (PS It looked like Beth knocked her head into the top of the ringpost while selling a punch from BelAir, you can see BelAir check on her and a ref jump on the apron to check up on her right after the fact, Natalya and a couple others have said she's fine, just needed four staples after the fact)