This is why Prohm must go........

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
It's the same line of BS that was used to minimize Wayne Morgan's second season. He had nothing to do with making the team making the second round of the NCAA's. They did it in SPITE of him.
I definitely am disappointed in this season and in Prohms tenure thus far but you can tell what people will never be happy with anything he does.

bostrem00

Feb 23, 2009
Des Moines
Every coach has some years that make you scratch your head about why the team is not playing better. Just look at UNC and coach Roy Williams, identical record as ISU and I think it is safe to say has more talent on it's roster. Does this make Roy a bad coach?

View attachment 69890

(Forgive me if someone has already made this point as I don't have time to read 118 pages of comments. ;))

Interesting move comparing Prohm to a coach that has 3 National Championships since 05 and a recruiting class with multiple McDonald’s All Americans for 2020. Jog my memory but did he also finish dead last in the ACC within the last 3 years?

sheepplucker

Sep 22, 2013
So if players don't develop it's Prohms fault but if they do it's only because of themselves?

the guy hasn’t implemented an offense in 5 years, and struggles at the simple parts of the job like which players give you the best chance to win.. I’m sorry if I don’t think he is what gets players to the next level. His weekly meetings with Niang were for him to try to figure out how the game of basketball works... true story

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
the guy hasn’t implemented an offense in 5 years, and struggles at the simple parts of the job like which players give you the best chance to win.. I’m sorry if I don’t think he is what gets players to the next level. His weekly meetings with Niang were for him to try to figure out how the game of basketball works... true story

Proof?

You can't say that on a message board without proof.

Same with the players' only meetings.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yeah that's not true lol.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
I was totally kidding Steve prohm is obviously qualified to coach grade school basketball. And knows how the game works. He’s just not good at at coaching it.

Are you saying that Prohm can't coach the players.....Better watch out the Prohm Lovers will be after your hide....Six weeks left in the season and we have only won nine games...That's not Good....

• Agree
Reactions: UNIclonefan

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
anyone notice ESPN says the biggest overachiever in their conference is UNLV? Wish TJ would’ve gotten his shot. He earned it. Instead UNLV as a program is getting better and Iowa State ss a program isn’t.

Let's see year 2 of TJ at UNLV before we say UNLV's program is better.

I am still watching that situation closely, though.

I am probably going to be one of the last ones on here to throw in the towel on Prohm, but even I will have my limits. If we suck next year, I will probably be there.

If we are bad next year and UNLV is good, that is an awfully tempting idea.

I kind of wonder if TJ is miffed about not getting it last time around, but he did come back as an assistant coach for the next season and he/Alison seem to love Ames and central Iowa, so maybe, just maybe, things would eventually align.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Agree. I was rooting for TJ to get the job after Fred left and was bummed when he didn’t get it. TJs teams run an offense similar to what we had with CFH. TJ quickly changed the program at SDSU and is doing the same at UNVL

They were conference regular season and tournament champions when TJ got there.

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011
I am still watching that situation closely, though.

I am probably going to be one of the last ones on here to throw in the towel on Prohm, but even I will have my limits. If we suck next year, I will probably be there.

If we are bad next year and UNLV is good, that is an awfully tempting idea.

I kind of wonder if TJ is miffed about not getting it last time around, but he did come back as an assistant coach for the next season and he/Alison seem to love Ames and central Iowa, so maybe, just maybe, things would eventually align.
Isn't it pretty common knowledge that Pollard wanted TJ and Leath wanted an already HC somewhere? With Leath gone, I'd imagine TJ would be open about coming back.