Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
It's not as bad as when Puffy rode Biggie's death as long as he could...maybe it's because I've never heard of any of these guys and Biggie was pretty big in rural Iowa circa mid-late 90s.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Who was the little kid that was on one of the sets for Lil Naz X's old town road set? Part of those people I knew but was clueless on that one.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Smokey and Little Big Town...they should have just let Smokey up there on his own.

He puts them to shame.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Bring My Flowers Down sounds too much like Van Zandt's version of Dead Flowers.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Just noticed that we now have fox 28. No idea where this channel is located. Usually it was 47 out of Rochester.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Billie Eilish had a good evening at the Grammy's. I kind of was hoping that Lizzo would get one but oh well.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
Help: my car smells like a mixture of French fries, old coffee, wet socks and ass. The coffee is my fault (and maybe the ass) but I’ve got kids and I feel like it always smells something terrible. I feel like air fresheners don’t do the trick and there has to be some secret I’m unaware of. Yes I know, clean it out. I have on multiple occasions and then let one of the spray odor eater cans in it go while the air is on high to cycle it through the car and it still stinks. TIA
Have you tried this?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
For smells, charcoal (not grill briquettes) will suck smell out. At the dealership we also had what we called gum bombs. Something we set off in the car that masked smells and made it smell like bubble gum for a month.

• Dislike
Reactions: VeloClone and JM4CY

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
....and still getting the hotties at 71 to dance. Nice to see something unscripted like that.

I actually liked the Billie Eilish performance too....not sure what subliminal message it was sending like "Must Kill the Queen" or whatever, but it was good. Usher and Sheila E. was well done.

Mason Ramsey was denied good screen time....his agent better be *****-slapping Billy Ray Cyrus's agent now. Probably the same agent that got Mylie's dad the pool boy gig from David Lynch.

More breaking stuff please....less Ariana Lavato.
About 20 years ago, some friends of ours were hanging out on a beach on Maui. A small entourage came down to the beach and set up a place with a bunch of blankets, towels and umbrellas. A guy came down and sat in one of the chairs. The husband said to the wife, "That looks like the Aerosmith dude in drag." It was Steven Tyler.

Also, to correct you, it's Ariana Lavato Gomez.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
For smells, charcoal (not grill briquettes) will suck smell out. At the dealership we also had what we called gum bombs. Something we set off in the car that masked smells and made it smell like bubble gum for a month.
So you’re saying don’t just open a bag of Kingsford charcoal in the backseat for a week?

Status
Not open for further replies.