This is why Prohm must go........

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
No, but I am comparing the talent levels at the two schools and trying to point out the overreaction some on this board some seem to have. I could also point out that many of these same Prohm haters, constantly talk about how bad a coach the TOE has, yet surprisingly they have a ranked team this year in spite of the coach. It just gets tiresome, the constant "chicken little" syndrome. Just because someone posts constantly, does not mean they know what they are talking about.

UNC has a bunch of injuries last I knew. They look about as bad as they are. Also even though he broke through finally at UNC, Roy Williams had some amazing fails at KU. That team with Raef and Paul Pierce losing was a work of art.

TOE has had some successful seasons under Fran; it's their hype vs. results that's been made fun of. From what I've seen TOE has role players returning in a year when it seems like everyone is taking half the year to figure out what their team can do and college basketball seems down in general. They're pretty good; let's see what happens when other teams figure it out.

It's debatable if CSP has really reached the potential in W/L record even with his teams that had success and 5 year trends really shine through when talent doesn't cover things up.

cycjob

Oct 10, 2014
I have a sincere question. Why can we not develop any consistent shooters since Fred left. Aside from TH there isn't a single guy on the team who looks like they want to take a shot during a key moment.

I remember hearing that many of these guys were good shooters in HS. Did they forget how or does this staff just not know how to prep them for the college game?

Cyfanisu

Mar 31, 2019
I have a sincere question. Why can we not develop any consistent shooters since Fred left. Aside from TH there isn't a single guy on the team who looks like they want to take a shot during a key moment.

I remember hearing that many of these guys were good shooters in HS. Did they forget how or does this staff just not know how to prep them for the college game?

Exactly this ☝️
Either they are not properly coached and/or the players don’t put in the extra time. Also, it seems as if many of Prohms players do not improve significantly from year to year. In fact a lot of them get worse (McKay, Jacobson, Wiggington, Lard, etc).

• Disagree
  • Agree
Reactions: socalcy and Cyclad

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Since 2016-17 season

Prohm
  • 69-51
  • 1-2 ncaa tournament record
  • 41-17 at home
  • 1-3 vs Iowa

McCaffery
  • 70-51
  • 1-1 ncaa tournament record
  • 46-15 at home
  • 3-1 vs ISU

Very Informative...Thanks for the Updated Info....I thought that csp was way better than McCoffee over at TOE...I guess Prohm has just got to get better in the 3 years he has left...A 3 year winning streak over TOE would help at least a little bit

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006

Bolton is shooting great. He started off terrible but is shooting over 40% from 3 in conference play.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

upload_2020-1-26_17-21-8.jpeg

The idea that CSP's days/years may be numbered at ISU isn't far fetched, but the idea that there haven't been players that developed and performed at a high level under him is.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
View attachment 69895

The idea that CSP's days/years may be numbered at ISU isn't far fetched, but the idea that there haven't been players that developed and performed at a high level under him is.

obviously tyrese has gotten better.

I know they weren't his recruits but Monte snd Nader got better under him.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Shayok wasn't exactly shy about looking for a shot and taking one to beat KSU last March.

I've checked out on Prohm for the most part but the fact is there's been some really great moments under his coaching.

This year is really close to shot, but we all know he is going to get next year as a chance to try and right the ship, so I might as well go along for the ride.

I am glad you can acknowledge there were some very memorable moments in that tenure even if it is slowly fading out right now. Sort of like Rhoads.

• Disagree
Reactions: isu83

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
This year is really close to shot, but we all know he is going to get next year as a chance to try and right the ship, so I might as well go along for the ride.

I am glad you can acknowledge there were some very memorable moments in that tenure even if it is slowly fading out right now. Sort of like Rhoads.

Perhaps 'checked out' isn't the right wording although I'm at apathy mode. I'm not gonna sit there and countdown his time. I think if nothing else the last few games ISU has been flying around a bit and seem to at least turn it up for Hilton.

I just don't see how he stays if next season is the same and there's been some real head scratchers in there too....so yeah, a lot like CPR.

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
Very Informative...Thanks for the Updated Info....I thought that csp was way better than McCoffee over at TOE...I guess Prohm has just got to get better in the 3 years he has left...A 3 year winning streak over TOE would help at least a little bit

Extremely unlikely ISU wins that game in 2020. After that, who knows - hopefully the pendulum swings back in the Cyclones favor.

• Informative
Reactions: CyBobby

sheepplucker

Sep 22, 2013
View attachment 69895

the argument isn’t that prohms hasn’t coached players that develop or play at a high level. The argument is they develop due to their own NBA aspirations and drive. Sort of like the players having to have a players only meeting before they decided to finally start passing it to post players A couple times a game the year after niang left.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
the argument isn’t that prohms hasn’t coached players that develop or play at a high level. The argument is they develop due to their own NBA aspirations and drive. Sort of like the players having to have a players only meeting before they decided to finally start passing it to post players A couple times a game the year after niang left.
So if players don't develop it's Prohms fault but if they do it's only because of themselves?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Isn't the NBA kind of what motivates players to begin with regardless of coach?

Either way ISU has had players that wanted to be take the shot in key moments. Almost to a fault at times---felt like last year there could be 3 guys on the floor trying to do the same thing. Imo it's what's a real problem; I'm not sure roles consistently exist.

I don't recall players' only meetings to discuss passing the ball to the post...interesting.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclad

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I'm still 100% confident that Tre Jackson will become a really good clutch 3 pt shooter for us at some point.... if not this year.... then next for sure.

I just like his stroke, and I believe he also has that "it" factor too. I guess just a gut feeling.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I'm still 100% confident that Tre Jackson will become a really good clutch 3 pt shooter for us at some point.... if not this year.... then next for sure.

I just like his stroke, and I believe he also has that "it" factor too. I guess just a gut feeling.

3&D guys are worth their weight in gold.

Tre has definitely flashed being what you describe above.

He is just not that every night right now.

If we are going to turn this around next year, he needs to be that.

We'll go as far as Bolton, Jackson, and Conditt take us next year.

• Agree
Reactions: CyBobby

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
Did Prohm steal your lunch money as a kid?

• Winner
  • Funny
Reactions: isufbcurt and NWICY

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
So if players don't develop it's Prohms fault but if they do it's only because of themselves?
It's the same line of BS that was used to minimize Wayne Morgan's second season. He had nothing to do with making the team making the second round of the NCAA's. They did it in SPITE of him.

• Agree
Reactions: ISUChippewa

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
3&D guys are worth their weight in gold.

Tre has definitely flashed being what you describe above.

He is just not that every night right now.

If we are going to turn this around next year, he needs to be that.

We'll go as far as Bolton, Jackson, and Conditt take us next year.

Don't forget Solo. Unless I am mistaken he has one more year. The only two we lose to eligibility are Jacobsen and Nixon.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

Help Support Us

Become a patron