Re-al Mitchell to Transfer

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I still think dekkers will be a linebacker.

Just because someone has the body of a LB doesn't mean they will be one. What if he's the best QB we have once Purdy is gone?

I understand the prediction though. If he doesn't end up as ISU's QB, but he still wants to see the field (and doesn't want to transfer to play QB somewhere else), then LB would obviously be the position you'd think would make the most sense.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfan21

Allikat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2018
It is probably a pipe dream because most transfers are looking for more PT and not to be a backup somewhere but I would love if somehow CMC has an in with Grant Loy and Loy sees value in being one step away from leading a Power 5 offense (not wishing for Purdy injury obviously but we all know injuries happen).

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
A kid that is athletic like him could work at UCLA.
The problem there is UCLAs QB is only a Soph.

I have always thought at this point transferring is a big gamble for Re-al. At ISU he has a great shot at starting as a Sr. Best case if he goes elsewhere in FBS is two years after he sits out.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
I saw Jay Jordan mention San Diego State as a place that would be a good fit for him. Makes sense going back to Cali, plus you get to live in San Diego.

Reactions: EnkAMania

s_ford

Jul 30, 2018
I saw Jay Jordan mention San Diego State as a place that would be a good fit for him. Makes sense going back to Cali, plus you get to live in San Diego.
To be 20 and play qb at a party school like SDSU would be a dream for me

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
Just because someone has the body of a LB doesn't mean they will be one. What if he's the best QB we have once Purdy is gone?

I understand the prediction though. If he doesn't end up as ISU's QB, but he still wants to see the field (and doesn't want to transfer to play QB somewhere else), then LB would obviously be the position you'd think would make the most sense.

I think bouman will be tough to beat out once purdy is gone.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
It is probably a pipe dream because most transfers are looking for more PT and not to be a backup somewhere but I would love if somehow CMC has an in with Grant Loy and Loy sees value in being one step away from leading a Power 5 offense (not wishing for Purdy injury obviously but we all know injuries happen).
Not to be a jerk, but one of the True Fr would probably be better suited.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
He got beat out by the 2020 #1 overall quarterback coming out of high school. He may even be the #1 overall recruit.

Kid's kind of had bad luck in that regard. Beat out in high school by Clemson commit DJ Uiagaleli. Beat out by Purdy in college. Neither one is necessarily an indictment on his ability, but rather just having an elite player ahead of you.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: jbindm

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
I agree we really dropped the ball with Re'al. There were plenty of opportunities for him to play and prove himself in game action and for whatever reason we never gave him a shot. Maybe fear or creating a QB controversy I'm not sure. Coach Campbell said players, formations, plays when he first got here. We found a way for Lanning to play on offense. There had to be more ways to get Re'Al involved best of luck to him hopefully he becomes Russell Wilson somewhere else
If we put in Re'al for 4-5 plays a game, he's still transferring. He wants to be a starting QB, that wasn't happening here no matter what "packages" we put him in for. We'be also recruited two QB's that are likely better that will be freshman this year.

• Agree
Reactions: LLCoolCY

ILikeTurtles

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 15, 2011
If he will only play QB, then he really had no choice but to transfer IMO.

He would be absolutely devastating at QB for Army, Navy, or Air Force. That's where he should look if I were him. He's just not a pro-style QB at all.

I just wish he would have been willing to switch positions. He'd make an awesome slot WR. I'll be very disappointed if he goes somewhere else, switches to slot WR, and excels. That's what I wanted him to be at ISU.

That exact scenario happened with Phil Bates way back when after Arnaud won the QB competition. He transferred to Ohio claiming he wanted to stay at QB but then ended up making an NFL roster as a WR lol

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron