KU vs KSU Brawl

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Just glad to have some actual basketball to talk about again tomorrow. And honestly, glad that Zion had his NBA debut on ESPN the day after this mess to pull conversation of it off their airwaves. A few folks over there were as carried away as a few folks here have been.

You have a rogue program admit it and move on. You have your head so far up your arse it's comical.

fcclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 15, 2009
Just glad to have some actual basketball to talk about again tomorrow. And honestly, glad that Zion had his NBA debut on ESPN the day after this mess to pull conversation of it off their airwaves. A few folks over there were as carried away as a few folks here have been.
I have to assume you are referring to yourself. I believe you have more posts in this thread than any other poster .

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
I have to assume you are referring to yourself. I believe you have more posts in this thread than any other poster .
And from how things have played out, my posts have been the most accurate posts here on the incident.

McCormack didn't "stomp someone out" or he would have been suspended longer.

Garrett didn't "stomp someone out" or he would have been suspended.

Myron Metcalf provided another video on his twitter page that clearly shows that DeSousa dropped the stool on his own and that it was clearly not ripped out of his hands by the KU assistant coach.

Thia escalated from an on-court incident to a fight in the stands when Kansas State left their bench and pushed DeSousa into the stands.

That by no means is an attempt to justify the behavior of any Kansas player after that point. DeSousa shouldn't have thrown a punch and he shouldn't have touched that stool. McCormack shouldn't have pushed that KSU player. But it doesnt change the facts of what changed this from a play in a basketball game to an incident in the stands.

• Disagree
Reactions: Ozclone

CyclonesRock

Jan 1, 2018
Iowa
DeSousa’s career is over. NBA won’t touch that guy.
Ever hear of Latrelle Sprewell? That guy played for years after he should have been jailed for choking his coach.
Just a reminder that KSU fans blew a spleen after Greene's dunk carrying on about how classless that was. And some ISU fans did even worse when Elijah Johnson dunked unnecessarily at the end of a game.

Yet now it's all "he was just playing until the final buzzer, no big deal"...
There is a big difference, IMO, depending on if it is the team that has the victory in hand vs the team that is losing.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
DeSousa’s career is over. NBA won’t touch that guy.
If he has the talent to play in the NBA, he will. I personally dont think that he does. This incident won't keep him out; it will that this incident happened from a person lacking NBA talent that keeps him out.

He has majorly regressed this season. The toll of the last two years seems to have resulted in him falling off the track that he was on to finish his freshman season. Either he finds a way to get back on track or he joins the long list of "what could have been" guys who couldn't get it together at the right time.

There's a lot of competition for not very many NBA jobs. You cant play like he is playing and think that is going to happen. Things will have to change for him. We'll see if he gets back on that track or if this is his new normal.

Ozclone

Dec 12, 2009
I have seen dozens of step overs in NCAA and NBA basketball. It happens in the course of the game and is regulated by assessing a technical foul if the refs feel it is warranted.

I have NEVER seen the response to it be the clearing of the bench to physically assault the player who did it.

This incident went from an on-court transgression of the rules to a physical altercation when the Kansas State players left the bench and began pushing DeSousa and no sooner. Period.
Both teams left their benches, it's just that Kstate was at that end of the court so they got their first. Are you trying to be obtuse or are you really that much of a homer?

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I’m happy nobody got suspended for the season. It was ugly, but a season seems unnecessarily harsh for DeSousa. It’s not like he actually hit somebody with the stool.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Don’t steal the ball when the other team is graciously trying to run out the clock.
Lamb stole the ball from us and went the length of the court for an emphatic windmill dunk. No one chased him down as it wouldn't impact the game result. ISU just watched him be a fool, and he missed his dunk in spectacular fashion. Lamb has provided us with a beloved highlight reel for about 10 years now.

KSU stole the ball from KU, went down the court for a slam dunk that would reduce the win from 19 pts to 17 pts. 2 KU players chased his ass down, blocked the shot and he ended up the ground with daSousa looming over him, barking at him.

I know which response I prefer from my team...

• Winner
Reactions: Peter

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Is it really ALL you need to know? Still no statement from Weber? No problem with your KSU players ignoring their coach and bum rushing an opponent from the bench in response to a harmless technical foul? No problem with Weber making zero attempt to remove his players from the fight?
Your descriptors are getting increasingly hilarious.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Your descriptors are getting increasingly hilarious.
Was someone harmed by DeSousa standing there barking at the guy? No.

Tennessee committed a flagrant foul tonight against Kansas, intentionally hitting Garrett in the face with no effort to block the shot as Garrett went it for a shot. More harm.was done on that foul than DeSousa's.

Did the Kansas bench empty in response? No. Free throws. Then continue on. It's how it is supposed to be done.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Was someone harmed by DeSousa standing there barking at the guy? No.

Tennessee committed a flagrant foul tonight against Kansas, intentionally hitting Garrett in the face with no effort to block the shot as Garrett went it for a shot. More harm.was done on that foul than DeSousa's.

Did the Kansas bench empty in response? No. Free throws. Then continue on. It's how it is supposed to be done.

What the ****. Those our 2 different scenarios, I don't know how you can keep playing this game.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Lamb stole the ball from us and went the length of the court for an emphatic windmill dunk. No one chased him down as it wouldn't impact the game result. ISU just watched him be a fool, and he missed his dunk in spectacular fashion. Lamb has provided us with a beloved highlight reel for about 10 years now.

KSU stole the ball from KU, went down the court for a slam dunk that would reduce the win from 19 pts to 17 pts. 2 KU players chased his ass down, blocked the shot and he ended up the ground with daSousa looming over him, barking at him.

I know which response I prefer from my team...
I would have also preferred that DeSousa not bother and just stood there laughing at the guy but I have no problem with the clean block. If you want to "play to the whistle", then so be it.

I would have also preferred that after the block that DeSousa go celebrate wiping that little turd off the map with his teammates but he didnt. So give him a technical and move in.

Since you're such a pious, holier than thou fan, I am certain that you would have a serious problem with responding to a taunting technical by leaving the bench and attacking an opposing player, correct? Surely.you dont think that's an acceptable response to that, do you?

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
What the ****. Those our 2 different scenarios, I don't know how you can keep playing this game.
You're right. The Tennessee player actually crushed the Kansas player while the Kansas player didnt touch the Kansas State player at all.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
I would have also preferred that DeSousa not bother and just stood there laughing at the guy but I have no problem with the clean block. If you want to "play to the whistle", then so be it.
I would have also preferred that after the block that DeSousa go celebrate wiping that little turd off the map with his teammates but he didnt. So give him a technical and move in.
Since you're such a pious, holier than thou fan, I am certain that you would have a serious problem with responding to a taunting technical by leaving the bench and attacking an opposing player, correct? Surely.you dont think that's an acceptable response to that, do you?
The projection is strong with you.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron