what happened to the GS warriors?

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
I don't really follow nba until the playoffs and even them im a pretty casual watcher. what the crap happened to the warriors this season. Are they playing with only 4 players?

14/15 NBA Champions
15/16 NBA Finals
16/17 NBA Champions
17/18 NBA Champions
18/19 NBA Finals

currently 10-37. Dead last in the NBA

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
It never helps when your best player, Durant, leaves and goes to the Nets in the offseason, then Klay Thompson is injured and out for the year.... and Steph Curry is also out with an injury as well.

They have nobody left that's any good, and yes that includes Draymond Green.... he's not that good.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
There's a very real possibility they have Klay, Steph and the number 1 pick all playing next year. Plus all their other good role players

Plus whatever they do in FA. They’ll be back but I doubt it’s at the same level as we’ve been accustomed to over the past 5 years.

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
There's a very real possibility they have Klay, Steph and the number 1 pick all playing next year. Plus all their other good role players

wow, so they'll be back on top next year. what a huge blessing in disguise in all likelihood. maybe this will become the model of for more NBA teams. Get really close to the top. tank one season. get #1 draft pick. win championship.

I like that the NBA draft is a lottery to help mitigate that type of thing.

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
Should be noted that even if Durant didn't leave, he is also currently out with injury for the entire year.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Should be noted that even if Durant didn't leave, he is also currently out with injury for the entire year.
And he seemed like the sticky wheel on that team from a chemistry standpoint, either he or green

LanningIsBakersDaddy

Nov 7, 2019
Chicago, IL
wow, so they'll be back on top next year. what a huge blessing in disguise in all likelihood. maybe this will become the model of for more NBA teams. Get really close to the top. tank one season. get #1 draft pick. win championship.

Yeah I love the draft lottery too to help avoid tanking. The warriors players that are injured definitely aren’t rushing to get back from injury though. They certainly want that number 1 pick.

I expect them to be back in the top 3 in the West next year.

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny

Kind of what the Spurs did to get Duncan.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Spurs situation was very diff. Robinson hurt his back and came back early in the year only to break his foot. Elliott had to have a kidney transplant. It was really uncertain whether Elliott would play again and both guys had very little tread left. Not to mention they still didn't have good odds to win the lottery based on their record and the way they did the lottery in those days. It was certainly lucky, but I don't think you can classify it as tanking by players milking injuries

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Almost their entire salary cap is going to four guys. Steph barely played, Klay hasn’t played at all, Draymond isn’t the same without an insane supporting cast and Russell isn’t worth the price they’re paying him.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron