Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Things like that hurt enough when you know they're coming. Without warning it's a whole different ballgame. Sorry.

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
So will he have that cute little striped denim hat, and get to blow the whistle?
friendly-train-engineer-heritage-park-DDMHMT.jpg

@CycloneErik ! When'd you become a train engineer?

• Funny

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I will use these plus the fact that it would be a bonding experience with my son to justify it to my wife. How can she say no?

Don't listen to those guys! You're way too old to learn anything more. Fact, as we get older our brains get full like a hard drive on a computer. There is no room for new data unless you start deleting. And when you delete you don't get to choose, it's ******* totes random. You'll be lucky to remember your own name! Don't do it, man, just don't. :eek:

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY and jcyclonee

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Rough day. Week, really. LM home sick M-W, seemed better yesterday but worse again today. Major stuff going on at work for me this week and I have to keep leaving. Worked 2.5 days. DH worked 3 but half of that for both of us was from home. Urgent care this morning for the babe and he has pneumonia so that's fun. Also, a doc that keeps saying "oh stop, stop it I'm not even doing anything" to the SICK toddler crying at getting his ears and chest checked needs some work on their bedside manner JFC.
LM seems much better tonight but we'll see how 3-5am goes. And **** got screwed up at work and I hope we fixed some (most?) of it but I expect angry calls next week that stuff is ****** up and it'll take a lot of coffee to not have me say **** off and hang up. I know it's probably caused a minor inconvenience and that's annoying but **** all my team had a rough week and we spent a **** ton of time today trying to get it fixed. Promised DH I would go to work at 11, be home by 12:30 (planned to be there for a meeting only) and I got home at 5. Then took over holding napping wheezy until 7. So then bedtime was 9:30 ayayay. But LM felt good enough to help put away all his toys. Also, this week has introduced him to tv and I should feel some concern or chagrin over how quickly he's started saying "Elmo?" pointing to my phone or the tv. Between trying to get work done and trying to quell the sad whining, our standards have slipped. He's been asleep for a bit now and no sad coughing or heavy breathing so maybe he's finally turning a corner. Or the antibiotics worked that quickly. Maybe both.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Well my uncle died today, it was totally unexpected going to leave a pretty big gap in the family. He was a great guy.

So sorry to hear this :( I hope you are able to spend time with family and share some good memories.

• Friendly

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Help: my car smells like a mixture of French fries, old coffee, wet socks and ass. The coffee is my fault (and maybe the ass) but I’ve got kids and I feel like it always smells something terrible. I feel like air fresheners don’t do the trick and there has to be some secret I’m unaware of. Yes I know, clean it out. I have on multiple occasions and then let one of the spray odor eater cans in it go while the air is on high to cycle it through the car and it still stinks. TIA

• Funny
Reactions: dirtyninety

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Help: my car smells like a mixture of French fries, old coffee, wet socks and ass. The coffee is my fault (and maybe the ass) but I’ve got kids and I feel like it always smells something terrible. I feel like air fresheners don’t do the trick and there has to be some secret I’m unaware of. Yes I know, clean it out. I have on multiple occasions and then let one of the spray odor eater cans in it go while the air is on high to cycle it through the car and it still stinks. TIA
Have you tried not farting in it so much?

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
9FpdOMa.gif

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Baking soda is a good (and cheap) cleaner and odor neutralizer. First make sure there’s no pieces of anything anywhere, including under the seats and down the cushions. Sprinkle the bs liberally (take that how you like) on seats and carpets and vacuum. You can use vinegar and water mixture on windows and hard surfaces, but do not mix bs and vinegar unless you want a science project volcano to clean up. Also, you can put bs in a small container and leave under the seat(s) and see if that helps longer term. Good luck.

• Informative
Reactions: oldman and NWICY
Status
Not open for further replies.